I love feta cheese on cabbage salad, Greek salads, or tarts (also with roasted figs). I add feta with orzo pasta, Khachapuri, or some of my favorite appetizers as well (or super easy with fresh figs). One of my favorite dishes with feta is Whipped Feta Cheese with Tomatoes and Basil on Toast because in the summer it is a great and simple dish! As well, it goes great with Grilled Portobello with Tomatoes, where I can usually add feta as well.
This feta cheese bread with herbs I made a long time ago very often, and I totally forgot about it, but checking my old recipes a couple of weeks ago, I found it and decided to make it again and it turned out perfect! Definitely will make more later because it is so easy with very simple ingredients, and so delicious too! You can use almost any herbs to your taste, or add some finely chopped sundried tomatoes in olive oil or baked bell pepper. The feta cheese can be replaced with Mexican cheese Queso Fresco. It’s good hot or cold, depending on your taste.
Feta Cheese Bread with Herbs Recipe
By December 5, 2019Published:
- Yield: 9-12 Servings
I love feta cheese on cabbage salad, Greek salads, or tarts (also with roasted figs). I add feta with orzo pasta, Khachapuri, or some …
- 180 g flour
- 3 eggs
- 100 ml milk warm
- 10 g yeast
- 1/5 tsp salt
- 1/5 tsp sugar
- 1/5 tsp black pepper
- 60 ml olive oil
- 1/5 tsp caraway seeds
- 1/5 tsp onion and garlic powder
- 150-200 g feta cheese in brine
- 80 g cheese shredded, I used Queso Fresco
- ~1 tsp easch cilantro, mint, tarragon, basil
- A pinch of dry oregano and rosemary
- Mix warm milk with yeast and sugar and set aside for 5-10 minutes in a warm place.
- Separately, in a deep bowl, beat eggs with salt for 5 minutes until foamy. Add garlic and onion powder, and pepper and beat for 30 sec. Continuing beating, and pour in a thin drizzle of olive oil. Pour milk and yeast mixture into the bowl, add caraway seeds and sifted flour, then knead the dough by hand or with a mixer. Then add chopped medium-sized cubes of feta cheese, half of the grated cheese, spices and herbs, and mix well.
- Preheat the oven at 180C. Grease the medium-sized square baking pan with oil (or it can be covered with parchment paper too). Pour the cheese mixture in there, sprinkle with the remaining grated cheese on top and bake in the preheated oven for about 25 minutes. Then cool slightly on a wire rack. Serve it hot or warm.
WordPress Recipe Plugin by ReciPress
Tags: appetizer, Autumn Food, baking, breakfast, cheese, Christmas, dinner, dough, Easter, Father's Day, herbs, lunch, Mother's Day, New Year, party, simple recipe, snacks, Spring Food, Summer Food, Super Bowl, Thanksgiving, Valentine's day, vegetarian, Winter Food, Women's Day