A tasty tomato tart with cheese, and it is very easy to prepare. Using pesto on the bottom of your tart is not necessary, but it gives the tart s more delicious flavor. You can switch out the pesto with other different sauces, for example- chimichurri, then for the cheese filing use dry or fresh herbs like oregano, cilantro, thyme and etc. The proportions for the recipe makes one medium tart.
Tomato Mozzarella Feta Cheese Tart Recipe
By October 8, 2018Published:
A tasty tomato tart with cheese, and it is very easy to prepare. Using pesto on the bottom of your tart is not necessary, but it gives …
- 220 flour
- 113 butter
- pinch of salt
- pinch of sugar
- 3 tbsp ice water
- 170 g feta for the filling
- 75 g mozzarella for the filling
- 100 ml whipping cream for the filling
- garlic powder to your taste, for the filling
- dried ground Italian spices or fresh herbs oregano, basil, thyme, etc. to your taste, for the filling
- pepper to taste, for the filling
- Small cherry tomatoes one that is slightly larger, cut in half, for the filling
- You will also need pesto sauce (you can use an already prepared pesto or make it yourself: chop basil leaves with garlic, olive oil, a little grated parmesan, salt. Pine nuts can be used, but are not necessary).
- Prepare the dough, beating the cold butter with flour, salt, and sugar in a blender until it reaches a fine crumb, then pour in ice-cold water, and beat it again very quickly and very shortly. Wrap the dough in a plastic wrap and refrigerate for 30 - 40 minutes.
- Roll out the chilled dough into a circle approximately 4-5 mm thick and place it in the tart mold. On top of the dough, lay the parchment paper and then beans, peas or rice, and cook in the oven at 180C for 8 minutes, then remove weight and parchment paper, and then put the tart back to cook in the oven for another 8 minutes. Cool the dough slightly, and then brush with a thin layer of pesto on top.
- Mix the stuffing: grated mozzarella, crushed feta (you can use your fingers), add pepper, garlic powder, and Italian dry herbs. Mix and cover on top of Pesto. Then pour the whipping cream, and place cherry tomatoes on top, and you can decorate with basil leaves. Return the tart back in the oven for 20 minutes and let cool.
- Skill Level: Easy
WordPress Recipe Plugin by ReciPress
Tags: appetizer, Autumn Food, baking, breakfast, cheese, Christmas, dinner, dough, Easter, Father's Day, herbs, Kids' Parties, lunch, Mother's Day, New Year, party, simple recipe, Summer Food, Super Bowl, Thanksgiving, Valentine's day, vegetarian, Winter Food, Women's Day