This tart has a beautiful array of textures and flavors. Super easy to make! Perfect as a dessert, appetizer, or even as a part of brunch. I sliced the figs into medium strips, but if they are fresh you can cut them in half too. Also I used peach jam, but you can use any other jam or marmalade to your taste.
The sweetness from the honey, jam, and figs with some nice saltiness from the feta is a great delicious combination!
Tart with Roasted Figs, Thyme and Feta Recipe
By August 7, 2019Published:
- Yield: 6-12
This tart has a beautiful array of textures and flavors. Super easy to make! Perfect as a dessert, appetizer, or even as a part of …
- 20-30 pieces of figs
- 1 sheet of puff pastry
- peach jam or any other to your taste
- bunch of fresh thyme leaves
- 1 tbsp honey The Syrup
- 1/4 tsp lemon juice The Syrup
- 1/2 tsp water The Syrup
- 1/2 tsp balsamic fig glaze The Syrup
- ~100 g feta cheese
- Transfer the pastry to a baking sheet with parchment paper. I used a silicone mat. Spread a thin layer of jam on top, leaving the edges free. Put figs on top of the jam and then sprinkle with thyme leaves on top.
- In a bowl, mix the ingredients for the syrup. Glaze with the syrup, using a brush, the edges of the dough, and drizzle a little syrup on top of figs, using a brush too. Place in the oven and bake for 20 minutes at 190C.
- Once cooked, crumble with the feta cheese (if you like combination of salty cheese and sweet tart then add more cheese), and drizzle over your remaining syrup on top. Serve and enjoy.
WordPress Recipe Plugin by ReciPress
Tags: appetizer, Autumn Food, baking, breakfast, brunch, cheese, Christmas, dough, Easter, herbs, lunch, New Year, party, simple recipe, snacks, Summer Food, vegetarian, Winter Food