A quick and easy recipe for crunchy sweet and sour pickles with a little spice. I like this version because the pickles aren’t so sweet and you can still taste the cucumber flavor. You can use small or large cucumbers.
The marinade will not cover completely the cucumbers at first since the cucumbers will have more juice after they marinate a bit. You can marinate the cucumbers in a bowl first, then move into jars. Besides cucumbers you could try this recipe with zucchini.
Sweet and Sour Sliced Pickles Recipe
By July 25, 2016Published:
- Yield: 2 l jar
- Cook: 15 mins
A quick and easy recipe for crunchy sweet and sour pickles with a little spice. I like this version because the pickles aren't so …
- 1 kg (2.2 lbs) cucumbers
- 1 large onion
- 200 ml (0.84 cup) vinegar
- 14 black peppercorns
- 100 ml (0.4 cup) water
- 1 tbsp salt
- 1 cup sugar
- 2-3 chili peppers
- 3 cloves of garlic finely chopped
- Slice the cucumbers and cut the onion into half rings. Mix the cucumbers, garlic and onions and pack into a jar. Add the hot chili.
- Prepare the marinade by mixing the water, vinegar, salt, sugar, peppercorns in a saucepan and bring to boil. Cook, stirring until sugar is dissolved.
- Pour the marinade over the cucumbers, cover with lid, and chill. Store in refrigerator.
WordPress Recipe Plugin by ReciPress
Tags: appetizer, Autumn Food, Christmas, dinner, Father's Day, Fourth of July, Kids' Parties, lunch, marinated, Memorial Day, Mother's Day, New Year, party, pickle, picnic, simple recipe, snacks, Spring Food, Summer Food, Super Bowl, tapas, Thanksgiving, vegetarian, Winter Food