A fun take on stuffed bell peppers for Halloween. Try to vary the filling, adding some vegetables to the meat like grated carrots, zucchini or different herbs to your taste. If you like spicy food, then add some chopped jalapeno. You can serve these peppers with tomato sauce, mixing it with sour cream, salt and pepper. Very tasty peppers that can be prepared as a dinner or on Halloween, the kids will love them!
Stuffed Bell Pepper Jack-o-Lanterns Recipe
By October 24, 2018Published:
- Yield: 4
- Prep: 30 mins
- Cook: 25 mins
- Ready In: 55 mins
A fun take on stuffed bell peppers for Halloween. Try to vary the filling, adding some vegetables to the meat like grated carrots, …
- 100 g bacon
- 20 g mushrooms optional
- 1 onion
- 3 cloves of garlic
- vegetable oil
- 450 g beef minced
- 4 small bell peppers
- salt, pepper to taste
- 1 can (411g) tomatoes diced
- a small bunch herbs oregano, thyme, basil, parsley
- 2-3 pinches sugar
- ~4 tsp sour cream
- grated cheese optional
- Heat the oil in a large frying pan and fry the chopped onion and garlic for about 5 minutes. Next add the finely chopped bacon and mushrooms, stir and cook for another couple of minutes. Then add the ground beef and fry it until cooked, about 7 min. Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Heat the tomatoes with juice in a small pan, add sugar, chopped herbs, salt and pepper, stir and cook for about 3 minutes. Then add the tomatoes together with herbs to the meat and mix.
- Cut the top off each bell pepper. Remove seeds. Carefully carve a jack o lantern face in each pepper and set aside.
- Preheat a little vegetable oil in a frying pan and lightly fry the peppers on all sides, about 3 minutes, then slightly cool and fill them with minced meat and vegetables. Put the peppers on a baking sheet, add 1 tsp of sour cream on the top and cook them in a preheated oven at 180'C for 20-25 minutes.
- Sprinkle the filling with grated cheese on the top 5 minutes before the end of cooking.
WordPress Recipe Plugin by ReciPress
Tags: Autumn Food, baking, cheese, dinner, fried, Halloween, herbs, Kids' Parties, lunch, party, sauce, simple recipe, Winter Food