A great idea for a hearty breakfast, brunch, or lunch, this dish doesn’t take much time to make this for the whole family! For the meat filling, you can use different options: cold cuts, ham, bacon, sausage, pancetta, etc. You can also add a slice of cheese inside the meat filling too. Another of our favorite to add is the cream cheese-like ‘Boursin with herbs’ to one slice of the bread. Instead of meat, you can put a couple slices of tomato. Also add different herbs to your taste. Serve with pickles, pickled onions, tomatoes, or some other vegetables. Fast, satisfying and tasty!
Hot Sandwiches in Egg and Cheese Recipe
By March 13, 2019Published:
- Yield: 4 Servings
A great idea for a hearty breakfast, brunch, or lunch, this dish doesn't take much time to make this for the whole family! For the …
- 8 thin slices of bread
- 8 slices of thinly sliced meats
- 4 eggs
- 100 g cheese grated
- 1/4 cup milk
- salt, pepper
- garlic powder optional
- herbs to your taste (I used Basil and Parsley)
- canola oil
- 2-3 tbsp butter
- In a deep and wide bowl, beat the eggs with grated cheese, milk, herbs, salt, pepper, and garlic powder.
- Put 2 slices of cold cuts or other slices of meat on a slice of bread, cover with a second slice of bread and dip on both sides in the egg-cheese mixture (you can use 2 forks to hold the sandwich).
- Heat the butter and vegetable oil in a frying pan with a thick bottom, then fry sandwiches on both sides until golden brown on medium heat. While cooking you can cover the pan with a lid. Help yourself to turn the sandwiches with two forks.
- Serve with pickles, fresh or pickled vegetables.
WordPress Recipe Plugin by ReciPress
Tags: appetizer, Autumn Food, breakfast, brunch, cheese, Father's Day, herbs, lunch, Mother's Day, simple recipe, Spring Food, Summer Food, Winter Food