Fried Rice with egg and vegetables
One day before:
First you need to cook the rice, about 1 1/3 cup of long grain rice. I do the rice in a rice cooker, but of course you can make it in a saucepan with a heavy bottom, the rice should be crumbly ( loose, able to be fried) and not mushy.
So with the rice rinse it in the sink in a sieve 2-3 times, drain, and add enough cold water (about 2 cups). Bring the water to a boil over high heat, then reduce the heat to medium, and boil the rice until most of the water has evaporated, 4-5 min. Reduce the heat to low, cover, and simmer 10 min or until all of the water is absorbed. Turn off the heat and let cool. Then chill it in the refrigerator overnight.
These dish is better to cook in a wok, but you can use a large pan too.
Fried Rice with egg and vegetables Recipe
By July 27, 2021Published:
- Yield: 4-6 Servings
One day before: First you need to cook the rice, about 1 1/3 cup of long grain rice. I do the rice in a rice cooker, but of course …
- Cooked overnight cold rice it will be around 4 cups
- 2 ½ tbsp vegetable oil
- 3 eggs beaten and seasoned with a pinch of salt
- 3-5 cloves of garlic minced
- a small onion chopped
- ~2 cm ginger grated on small grater
- 3/4 cup green peas frozen
- 1 small carrot cut in small cubes, or you can use frozen cubed carrots with peas
- 1 cup smoked ham diced, optional
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1 tbsp soy sauce for the Seasoning
- 1 ½ tbsp fish sauce for the Seasoning
- 1 tsp sesame oil for the Seasoning
- pinch or to taste white pepper for the Seasoning
- First mix all the ingredients for the Seasoning in a small bowl, set aside
- Gently break up the lumpy overnight rice with the back of a spoon or fork
- Heat ½ tbsp. of the oil in a wok or skillet over high heat, gently pour in the beaten eggs and fry until it just starts to set, about 1 min, flip the egg over and continue to fry until its set. Use the spatula to break the eggs into small pieces. Move to the plate and set aside.
- Reheat the wok/pan over high heat, add 2 tbsp oil, add minced garlic, onion and ginger, stir-fry around 1 min, add ham (optional), stir-fry around 2-3 min, then add the carrots, frozen peas (or frozen peas and carrots), stir quickly, about 1 min, spoon the rice into the wok/Pan and combine everything evenly with the spatula.
- Stir in the seasoning, blending it well with the rice. Return the cooked eggs to the wok/pan, stir to combine with the rice. Keep stirring the rice until slightly toasted, about 3 min. Add salt to taste, serve immediately.
WordPress Recipe Plugin by ReciPress
Tags: Autumn Food, dinner, Father's Day, fried, lunch, simple recipe, Spring Food, Summer Food, vegetarian, Winter Food