I began to grow edamame a few years ago, they are easy to grow and perfect for freezing, very tasty and healthy. Last year I save some of them for seeds for this year, and the rest of them go into my freezer so I cooked them the whole year.
Edamame with Spices Recipe
By May 6, 2015Published:
- Prep: 10 mins
- Cook: 5 mins
- Ready In: 15 mins
I began to grow edamame a few years ago, they are easy to grow and perfect for freezing, very tasty and healthy. Last year I save some …
- 500 g edamame frozen, in shell
- 2 tbsp lemon juice
- 1 tbsp lemon zest
- 2 tbsp soy sauce
- 2 tsp sesame oil
- 2 tsp peanut oil
- garlic powder to taste
- 1 tsp red hot pepper flakes
- large sea salt to taste
- sesame seeds
- Boil the water in a large saucepan, add the frozen edamame and reduce the heat. Simmer for 5-7 minutes or until cooked. Drain the water.
- In a small bowl, mix the lemon zest and juice, soy sauce, sesame oil, garlic powder and pepper.
- Heat the peanut oil in a wok, put the edamame and lightly fry them over high heat for a couple of minutes. Add the sauce and cook for another 1-2 minutes, stirring all the time. Turn off the heat, sprinkle the top with salt and sesame seeds.
- Serve hot or cold.
WordPress Recipe Plugin by ReciPress
Tags: appetizer, Autumn Food, fried, simple recipe, snacks, Spring Food, Summer Food, Super Bowl, vegetarian, Winter Food