For the blini I used Buttermilk Blini recipe, just remember with the amount of ingredients from that recipe you will get lots of blini, which is not a problem in my family. My kids love them with Nutella and cream cheese, meat filling, or make a blini cake with custard cream; there’s just so many ideas! So for this recipe, you need to decide right way how big you want your cake. It can be a smaller cake with 6 blini, medium with 8-9, or a big one where you can use around 12 or more blini. For the topping, I used orange marmalade with elderberry flowers (from IKEA, love it!). You can use any marmalade or jam to your taste, but I prefer to use one with a little bit of sourness. If the marmalade or jam is very thick, then mix it with a little bit of water. A really neat way to present crepes and it’s so tasty too!
Blini (Crepes) with Cream Cheese, Whipped Cream and Orange Marmalade Recipe
By April 3, 2019Published:
- Yield: 1 cake
For the blini I used Buttermilk Blini recipe, just remember with the amount of ingredients from that recipe you will get lots of …
- 1 (220g/8oz) cream cheese room temp
- 1 small orange zest
- sugar powder to your taste
- 2 cups heavy whipping cream for the cream
- 2-3 drops orange extract for the cream
- 1/3 cup sugar powder for the cream
- orange marmalade or jam for decoration
- orange slices for decoration
- sprig of mint for decoration
- First make the blini (crepes) and decide how many you will need. Mix cream cheese with powdered sugar and zest. Smear each crepe with the Cream Cheese mix with a spoon or knife, roll them in tubes, and make 6 or more tubes. Whip whipping cream, orange extract, powdered sugar with a mixer to a heavy fluffy foam.
- Cover the container with plastic food wrap, coat the bottom with part of the whipped cream, and put 3 or 4 rolls of blini together, but make sure they don’t touch each other (make a space between them, so they can be covered around with whipped cream). Then spread the cream again, and make the second layer of blini (3 or 4), and so on until you use all the blini, which depends on how many layers of your cake you are planning to make. The last layer is supposed to be covered with whipped cream, then tightly cover with the plastic wrap and leave it in the refrigerator overnight.
- Carefully lay out the cake from the plastic wrap onto a dish, then pour the marmalade or jam on top. Decorate, and serve.
WordPress Recipe Plugin by ReciPress
Tags: Autumn Food, breakfast, cheese, Christmas, Easter, Kids' Parties, Maslenitsa, Mother's Day, New Year, party, Spring Food, Thanksgiving, Valentine's day, Winter Food, Women's Day