Sopa de jitomate rostizado con pimiento 🍅 Baked Tomato cream soup with bell pepper 🌶
This creamy tomato soup is made with fresh tomatoes and bell peppers, and it is delicious if you accompany it with cheese, croutons, or chips.
You can use goat cheese for serving with this soup, or any other cheese. This time, I put in crumbled feta, and it was really good!
I had some leftover meat from my cochinita pibil tacos which we made yesterday, so I added some to the soup as well, and it was so good with it! This soup is full of ingredients with lots of flavor, it’s rich and creamy, yet doesn’t weigh me down.
More Mexican soups
Baked Tomato Cream Soup with Bell Pepper Recipe
By February 24, 2020Published:
- Yield: 3-4 Servings
- Prep: 35 mins
- Cook: 10 mins
- Ready In: 45 mins
Sopa de jitomate rostizado con pimiento 🍅 Baked Tomato cream soup with bell pepper 🌶 This creamy tomato soup is made with …
- 1 kg tomatoes
- 1 onion cut into four parts
- 4 cloves of garlic
- bunch of thyme leaves
- 1 sprig rosemary only leaves
- ~4 tbsp olive oil
- salt, pepper to taste
- 2 cups of chicken bullion
- pinch of red hot pepper flakes or to taste
- 2 tbsp balsamic vinegar
- 2 bell peppers yellow, red or orange
- goat cheese for serving
- olive oil for serving
- chips or croutons for serving
- black pepper for serving
- Cut the tomatoes in half, place in a tray with sliced garlic, onion, thyme, and rosemary. Sprinkle with olive oil, and add salt and pepper. Roast the vegetables at 200 C for 35 min, cool a little bit, then remove the skin from tomatoes. Put them all into the blender with the remaining juice from the tray, also add the bouillon, balsamic and the crushed red pepper, then grind it to a smooth consistency.
- Fry the bell peppers on an open fire until the peel begins to burn from all sides. You can also fry them on a dry frying pan under a lid, turning the peppers on all sides, or in the oven on a baking sheet. Put the peppers in a plastic bag (I usually put them in a deep bowl and cover with a lid). Cool for about 30 minutes, then clean with a knife. Also, remove the seeds and cut into thin strips. Half of them I added to the blender with the tomatoes.
- Pour the soup from the blender to a medium pot, heat the soup, then serve with bell pepper strips, cheese, croutons, or chips. You can also add a little bit of olive oil and black pepper.
WordPress Recipe Plugin by ReciPress
Tags: Autumn Food, baking, cheese, Cinco de Mayo, dinner, Father's Day, herbs, lunch, roast, simple recipe, spicy, vegetarian, Winter Food