Delicious apple charlotte made from scratch. It’s a very easy and simple recipe for an apple charlotte that looks great and has the perfect balance between tart and sweet. I usually buy kefir in small grocery stores but sometimes you can find it in the usual stores as well. If you can’t find kefir, it can always be replaced by plain yogurt or buttermilk. I also use kefir for my Blini recipe, Hychiny, Chebureki.
For this recipe, use green or sour apples. Instead of sweet crumbs you can just use flour. Make sure the kefir (buttermilk or yogurt), flour and other ingredients are completely blended, free of lumps and smooth before adding the apples. Great idea for dessert on Thanksgiving or Christmas!
Apple Charlotte Recipe
By November 11, 2013Published:
- Yield: 12-16 Servings
- Prep: 20 mins
- Cook: 60 mins
- Ready In: 1 hr 20 mins
Delicious apple charlotte made from scratch. It’s a very easy and simple recipe for an apple charlotte that looks great and has the …
- 4 medium apples
- 3 eggs
- 250 g (0.55lb) sugar
- half lemon or lime
- 250 g (0.55lb) flour
- 0.5 tsp cinnamon or to your taste
- 1 tsp dry yeast
- 130 ml (0.5cup) kefir
- 40 g (1.4oz) butter
- 2-3 tbsp sweet crumbs for the backing pan
- 2 tbsp sugar for the top
- Clean skin and seeds from the apples. Slice two apples and the other two dice into small cubes.
- Beat the eggs with the sugar and add the kefir, flour, and cinnamon. Beat again. Then add the apple cubes, vanilla, zest of half lemon and 1 tsp of juice. Mix well.
- Grease the backing pan and sprinkle with the sweet crumbs. Then pour in the batter. Decorate with the sliced apples on top and sprinkle with sugar. Cut the butter into medium cubes and lay on top of the cake. Cook in a preheated oven to 180 C (360F) for about 60 minutes. Remove from the oven and cool.
WordPress Recipe Plugin by ReciPress
Tags: Autumn Food, baking, cake, Christmas, dough, fruit, Kids' Parties, Mother's Day, pie, tarts, Thanksgiving, vegetarian, Winter Food, Women's Day