It’s better to use small or medium eggplants for this recipe since they will have less seeds. Use any herbs to your taste, I like cilantro, basil, tarragon, along with a little bit of dill and parsley. Serve hot or cold, I liked them hot more. The flavor is wonderful!
Sweet and Spicy Eggplant Recipe
By September 10, 2014Published:
- Prep: 15 mins
- Cook: 20 mins
- Ready In: 35 mins
It's better to use small or medium eggplants for this recipe since they will have less seeds. Use any herbs to your taste, I like …
- 500 g eggplant small
- 5 tbsp olive oil
- 4 tbsp honey
- 50 ml lemon juice fresh
- 3 cloves of garlic
- 2 tsp coriander ground
- 1 tbsp sweet chili sauce
- cayenne pepper to taste
- 50 ml water
- herbs chopped
- Cut the eggplants in half along lengthwise and sprinkle with a little bit of salt. Leave for 30 min.
- Finely chop the garlic and lightly fry in the olive oil. When done, remove onto a plate.
- Mix the lemon juice with honey and water in the pan, let it boil, then reduce the heat and simmer around 5 - 7 minutes. After add the chili sauce, cayenne pepper, garlic and coriander. Bring to a boil again, keep on the heat for another 30 seconds, then remove from heat.
- Squeeze out the excess liquid from the eggplants, rinse with cold water and dry with a pepper towel.
- Fry the eggplants on both sides until half cooked, add salt.
- Put the eggplants to the pan with the sweet and spicy mix and allow to simmer for 2 to 3 minutes.
- Remove the eggplants on a dish, pour the remaining sauce, sprinkle with chopped herbs and place in refrigerator if you like them cold.
WordPress Recipe Plugin by ReciPress
Tags: appetizer, Autumn Food, dinner, fried, party, simple recipe, spicy, Summer Food, Valentine's day, vegetarian, Winter Food