While I used Champignon mushrooms in this dish, you can use different ones, or you can make with two or three different varieties such as chanterelles, oyster mushrooms, champignons, etc.
The size of my tart mold is about 22 cm. The dough can be prepared in advance and kept in the fridge.
Also, for this quiche I used two different kinds of cheese: Oaxaca and Panela cheese ( kinda like brinza cheese). You can also use, for example, mozzarella with other grated hard cheeses.
This quiche serves well as an appetizer, with vegetables, or even as a breakfast dish.
Quiche with Chicken, Mushrooms and Cheese Recipe
By November 5, 2018Published:
- Yield: ~12 Servings
While I used Champignon mushrooms in this dish, you can use different ones, or you can make with two or three different varieties such …
- 220 g flour
- 113 g butter
- a pinch of salt and sugar
- 3 tbsp ice water
- olive oil for the filling
- 2 chicken breast without skin and bones, for the filling
- 1 small onion for the filling
- 2 cloves of garlic for the filling
- Italian dry herbs for the filling
- ~250 g mushrooms chopped, for the filling
- 120 g cheese grated, for the filling
- 0.5 cup heavy whipping cream for the filling
- 2-3 tbsp sour cream for the filling
- 2 eggs for the filling
- salt, pepper to taste, for the filling
- Prepare the dough: In a blender, beat the sifted flour with cold butter, salt, and sugar. Pour the ice water in and beat again, just for a little bit. Wrap the dough in plastic food wrap and leave in the refrigerator for 30-40 minutes.
- Roll out the dough, then put it in your tart / quiche mold. Lay out the parchment paper on top, then pour the weight (rice, beans or peas) on top. Bake in 180C oven for 10 min. Next, remove the weight and paper, poke small holes with a fork into the dough on top and cook for another 10 minutes. Remove from the oven and cool.
- Prepare the stuffing: Salt and pepper the chicken breasts and fry them in olive oil until golden / brown color is on both sides, then reduce the heat and cook them until they are done, adding a little bit water or broth to keep from burning. Cool and cut into medium sized cubes.
- Finely chop onions and garlic, and chop the mushrooms. In the same pan, heat the oil again and fry the onions and garlic, stirring for 5 minutes. Then add the mushrooms and simmer for about 5 minutes, adding salt, pepper, Italian herbs, or other herbs to your taste.
- In a deep bowl, mix the chopped chicken breasts, mushrooms with onions, and grated cheese. Pour on top of the quiche dough. Then pour the whisked eggs with sour cream, salt, and pepper on top.
- Bake the quiche in the oven for about 30 minutes. Let it cool for a little bit before serving
WordPress Recipe Plugin by ReciPress
Tags: appetizer, Autumn Food, baking, breakfast, cheese, Christmas, dinner, dough, Easter, Father's Day, lunch, Mother's Day, party, Summer Food, Thanksgiving, Valentine's day, vegetarian, Winter Food