These ‘cakes’ I’ve loved since childhood. My family and kids love these as well! Don’t be confused, these don’t contain any potatoes and are a sweet dessert instead. It’s another Slavic dessert dish with many options for cooking, with the addition of biscuits, breadcrumbs or cookies. They are usually in the shape of small potato and light inside and dark with chocolate outside. But I usually cook in a simplified version by modifying the recipe and the shape to my taste. Great idea for Christmas, New Year or another holyday and party!
‘Potato’ Cakes Recipe
By December 20, 2016Published:
- Yield: 8-12 Servings
- Cook: 30 mins
These 'cakes' I've loved since childhood. My family and kids love these as well! Don't be confused, these don't contain any potatoes …
- 4 eggs for the dough
- 1 cup sugar for the dough
- 1 cup flour for the dough
- 4 tbsp condensed milk for the dough
- 200 g butter for the butter cream
- 5 tbsp condensed milk for the butter cream
- 2-3 tbsp cocoa for the butter cream
- 2 tbsp cognac optional, for the butter cream
- 0.5 cup walnuts crushed, for the butter cream
- sugar and cocoa powder for decoration
- Mix the ingredients for the dough together, pour into a pan, and cook in the oven at 200'C. Check the readiness with a toothpick, then let remove from oven and let cool. After beat it in a blender or food processor (to turn into crumbs).
- To prepare the cream, beat the softened butter in a food processor, gradually adding the condensed milk, and beat until fluffy. Add cocoa to the cream and beat again until smooth.
- Pour the cognac (optional) onto the cake crumbs, gradually add the cream and crushed nuts, then mix everything together thoroughly. Form small cakes, any shapes you prefer, usually I roll them into small balls about 2 inches.
- Sprinkle cakes with the sugar and cocoa powder.
- Store in the refrigerator, I like to keep them for 10 -15 min at room temperature, then serve with a cup of tea or coffee.
WordPress Recipe Plugin by ReciPress
Tags: appetizer, Autumn Food, baking, breakfast, Christmas, dough, Easter, Kids' Parties, Mother's Day, New Year, nuts, party, simple recipe, slavic, Spring Food, Summer Food, Super Bowl, tapas, Thanksgiving, Valentine's day, vegetarian, Winter Food, Women's Day