You can try to make with poached eggs instead of baking eggs and put the poached egg in the end of baking galettes in the oven, after 30 min. Then you will be sure your eggs will not be overcooked in the oven. This dish is perfect for breakfast or brunch . So pretty and delicious!
Mushroom Egg Galette with Cheese and Bacon Recipe
By September 16, 2019Published:
- Yield: 4 (4 Servings)
You can try to make with poached eggs instead of baking eggs and put the poached egg in the end of baking galettes in the oven, after …
- 1 1/4 cup flour for the crust
- 1/2 tsp salt for the crust
- 113 g butter unsalted, cold, for the crust
- 3-4 tbsp water ice cold, for the crust
- 400 g mushrooms sliced, for the filling
- 4 slice of bacon for the filling
- 1 big onion sliced, for the filling
- 4 cloves of garlic for the filling
- thyme leaves freah, for the filling
- ~2 tbsp canola oil for the filling
- 1 tbsp soy sauce for the filling
- 80 g cheese grated, for the filling
- salt, black pepper to your taste, for the filling
- 4 small eggs for the filling
- 1 egg beaten
- Mix the flour in a bowl with the salt. Add sliced butter and mix with the flour. Next add the water and continue to mix until the dough is smooth. You can also do this in a stand mixer or like I do in a food processor. Put the dough on a cutting board sprinkled with flour and roll into 4 balls, then flatten into pancakes. Put in a bowl, cover and refrigerate.
- Heat a little bit of oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add finely chopped bacon, cook for 3-5 min, then add the onion and garlic and cook for another 5 minutes. Add mushrooms, thyme, salt, pepper and cook with the onion, stirring often, for about 15 minutes stirring frequently. Add soy sauce in the end, mix, and set aside to cool.
- Roll out each piece of dough on a lightly floured surface into a circle (~20 cm) then place them on a baking sheet with a parchment paper. Put grated cheese in center of each circle, leaving about 2 cm around the edge, then the mushroom bacon mix on top of cheese. Fold dough over the filling and brush with the beaten egg the sides of the crust. Bake them for 20 min at 200C. Take from the oven and make a well into the center of each galette. Crack an egg into each well and bake for another ~8 minutes. Add salt, pepper, and thyme leaves.
WordPress Recipe Plugin by ReciPress
Tags: appetizer, Autumn Food, baking, breakfast, brunch, cheese, dough, Mother's Day, Thanksgiving, Winter Food, Women's Day