‘Hychiny’ – Thin piroshki with potatoes and cheese
Hychiny – pies with potato and cheese or meat stuffed with herbs, the national dish of Karachay and Balkar. This is one of the most prestigious courses in the list of bakery foods Karachay-Balkar Kitchen. I cooked ‘hychiny’ with potatoes and cheese stuffing, adding some mushrooms and changed shape. Usually hychiny are round and sliced into 4 pieces. Toppings are distributed in a thin layer. After baking them, let cool a little and rest, they become softer and very tasty. There is a variety of fillings for these such as different cheeses or herbs and garlic, cabbage, boiled meat, boiled eggs with green onions, various mushrooms, etc. Also you can just simply roll the dough without toppings and fry like flat bread.
‘Hychiny’ – Thin piroshki with potatoes and cheese Recipe
By March 22, 2013Published:
- Yield: 12
Hychiny - pies with potato and cheese or meat stuffed with herbs, the national dish of Karachay and Balkar. This is one of the most …
- 3 cups of flour for the dough
- 0.5 tsp soda for the dough
- 1 tsp salt for the dough
- 1 tsp sugar for the dough
- 1 cup kefir for the dough
- 300 g peeled potatoes for the filling
- 100 g mushrooms for the filling
- 2 cloves of garlic for the filling
- 1-2 shallots for the filling
- parsley or dill for the filling
- 200 g grate cheese mixed hard and soft cheeses for the cheese filling
- salt, pepper for the cheese filling
- a little bit of oil for frying
- 100 g of butter
- Mix in a bowl the flour, salt, sugar, baking soda, stir and slowly add the kefir. If the dough is too sticky, you can add a little flour. Cover the dough with a towel and leave for 30 -40 minutes.
- To prepare the potato stuffing, boil the potatoes in salted water and then mash. Finely chop the shallot, slice the mushrooms and fry in the olive oil. Crush the garlic and mix together with potatoes, shallots, mushrooms, half of garlic and herbs. Add pepper and salt if necessary.
- For cheese stuffing, mix the cheese with the remaining half of garlic and herbs.
- Divide the finished dough into 12-16 parts. Roll each piece into a ball then flatten with a rolling pin and add some potato or cheese stuffing in the middle, fix the edge, then turn fix edge down, slightly flatten with hand and with rolling pin roll to thin pancake.
- Heat the little bit oil in a pan, fry hychiny, until golden brown on both sides. Coat with butter on both sides, and then plate, covering with a plate or bowl. These cakes can be served with various sauces, such as sour cream mixed with salt, garlic and herbs.
WordPress Recipe Plugin by ReciPress
Tags: appetizer, cheese, dinner, dough, fried, vegetarian