If you are looking for some quick bread ideas, this recipe is perfect! Very easy and quick to make. You also can change or add some new ingredients to your taste every time when you make these bread sticks. Here are some ideas for you: put mozzarella cheese inside with chopped basil leaves, finely chopped fried bacon, dried tomatoes in olive oil with rosemary, feta cheese with herbs and dried tomatoes, or grated Parmesan cheese on top with garlic butter. Also you can just serve some Parmesan cheese separated in a bowl and olive oil or tomato sauce and dip into it your bread sticks. I am definitely trying to make these with cheese and herbs next week! If you don’t like the strong taste of fresh garlic you can use garlic salt or powder.
This time I served these bread sticks with my homemade tomato sauce (you can find the recipe on my blog), which was just simple and perfect!
Like I said you can serve with tomato sauce, or olive oil and Parmesan cheese with soup, salad and etc, this bread will be a perfect addition to your meal, lunch or dinner.
P.S. When we made bread sticks for the second time, we added mozzarella and Boursin cheese. When they were ready, we served them with a butter & Fresh Garlic sauce!
You will need for Garlic bread with herbs
silicone baking mats, they make baking so much easier, and nothing sticks
Garlic Bread with Herbs and Homemade Tomato Sauce Recipe
By March 18, 2019Published:
If you are looking for some quick bread ideas, this recipe is perfect! Very easy and quick to make. You also can change or add some …
- 1 1/2 cups of warm water (not hot!)
- 2 tbsp sugar
- 1 tbsp dry yeast
- 3 cups of flour
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/3 cup butter melted, for garlic butter
- 3-5 cloves of garlic
- Italian herbs dry
- 1/4 cup butter melted, for top greasing
- garlic and onion powder optional, for top
- Pour sugar and dry yeast into a big bowl with warm water. Stir and put in a warm place for 5-10 minutes.
- Pour the sifted flour and salt into a mixer bowl, pour in the water with yeast and knead the dough so that it does not stick to your hands. If necessary, add a little more flour. Make a ball from the dough, cover the bowl with foil and place in a warm place for 15-20 minutes. I usually heat the oven slightly, turn it off and put the dough inside the oven, covered.
- Melt 1/3 cup of butter in a microwave, squeeze garlic into it, and mix well.
- Roll out the dough on a floured board or countertop to rectangular shape, about 1.5 cm thick. Brush with garlic butter (leave a little bit garlic butter for later ~1 tbsp) on top, sprinkle with dry herbs. Fold the dough in half with the oiled side inside, cut the dough into strips, around 2.5-3 cm, then twist the strips, holding the dough with your fingers by the edges.
- Put the bread strips on a baking tray with a silicone mat, leaving a small gap between each other, cover with a towel and put again in a warm place (the bread sticks should increase in size) for 20-30 minutes.
- After that, brush with the remaining garlic butter (~1 tbsp) on top and cook in the oven until golden brown, for about 20 minutes.
- Brush cooked bread sticks with 1/4 cup of melted butter, sprinkle with garlic and onion powder on top or Parmesan cheese, if you wish.
WordPress Recipe Plugin by ReciPress
Tags: appetizer, Autumn Food, baking, breakfast, cheese, Christmas, dinner, dough, Easter, Father's Day, Fourth of July, herbs, Kids' Parties, lunch, Memorial Day, Mother's Day, New Year, party, simple recipe, snacks, Spring Food, Summer Food, Thanksgiving, Valentine's day, Winter Food