My daughter asked me to make chicken pot pie so many times a long time ago. So, we finally decided to do it, especially now that the kids are home and I have this great mini pie mold which I use a lot for sweet mini pies. This mini mold makes perfect sized mini pies for all of us. This is the first time we made savory pies, and they came out delicious! The dough recipe is here, just change the measurements for the sugar (I added only a pinch of sugar and pinch of salt).
Chicken Mini Pot Pie Recipe
By April 13, 2020Published:
- Yield: 6-7
My daughter asked me to make chicken pot pie so many times a long time ago. So, we finally decided to do it, especially now that the …
- 1 ~150 g chicken breast boiled or baked
- 2 tbsp butter
- half of medium onion
- small carrot
- 1 tbsp flour
- 1/3 cup chicken bouillon
- 2 tbsp snow peas
- 2 tbsp corn
- salt, pepper and garlic powder to taste
- half tsp thyme leaves
- 1 tsp parsley leaves
- 40 ml heavy whipping cream
- Make the dough and leave it in the fridge. Cut the chicken breast into small cubes, and dice the onion and carrot in small cubes. Put the butter in a large skillet over medium heat. Add the carrots, onion, garlic powder, thyme leaves, salt and pepper. Cook for 6-8 min, stirring often. Then, add the boiled chicken cubes, and cook for 2 more min. Afterwards, add the flour and stir well until no dry flour remains. Slowly stir in the whipping cream and the chicken bouillon. Cook until bubbling and thick, stirring often for about 3 minutes. Stir in the peas, corn, and mix everything, then turn off the heat and cool for 20 minutes.
- Gently roll your dough out from the center into a thin layer until it's about 1/8 inch thick, re-flouring your surface as needed. Cut circles for each mini pie using a sharp knife alongside a small plate or wide bowl as a guide. Take the leftover dough to make another ball, and roll it out again on the floured board. If the dough is too soft or difficult to work with it, wrap it in foil and put in the freezer for a few minutes, then roll again. To cut the pies, I used a special mold like you see on photo. It makes both tops and bottoms for the mini pies
- Spoon the cooled filling into mini pie crust. Sprinkle on top parsley leaves. Top with the second pie crust. Seal the edges of the pie crust together. Cut 3-4 slits in the top crust to allow steam to escape. Brush the top of each pie with a beaten egg. Lay parchment paper on top of a baking sheet and top with pies. Preheat the oven to 200'C (395 F) and cook for 20-25 minutes. Cool slightly, then serve.
WordPress Recipe Plugin by ReciPress
Tags: appetizer, Autumn Food, baking, dinner, dough, Easter, Father's Day, Kids' Parties, lunch, Memorial Day, Mother's Day, New Year, party, pie, simple recipe, Spring Food, Summer Food, Super Bowl, Thanksgiving, Valentine's day, Winter Food, Women's Day