For the filling, you can use so many different ingredients, such as marinated and fried chicken with vegetables, baked salmon with avocado and vegetables, ribeye steak, sea bass, roasted or crispy pork, omelet with Asian sausage and vegetables, etc.
These rolls I made this time are flavorful, light, and delicious; they are very healthy and not hard to make. Instead of cucumber or carrots you can use radish, celery, daikon radish, or others to your taste.
Summer rolls with shrimp and pork Recipe
By January 20, 2022Published:
- Yield: 6 (6 Servings)
For the filling, you can use so many different ingredients, such as marinated and fried chicken with vegetables, baked salmon with …
- 200 g pork belly thinly sliced, for the rolls
- 9 large shrimp shelled and deveined, for the rolls
- 60 g Rice vermicelli noodles (cook as directed on the package), for the rolls
- 1 medium carrot sliced (Julienne), for the rolls
- half of cucumber sliced (Julienne), for the rolls
- bunch of mint, basil and cilantro leaves chopped, for the rolls
- 6 medium lettuce chopped, for the rolls
- 6 rice paper sheets for the rolls
- 2 cloves of garlic minced, Marinade for the Pork
- 1 tbsp vegetable oil Marinade for the Pork
- 1 tsp sesame oil Marinade for the Pork
- 1 tsp fish sauce Marinade for the Pork
- 1 tsp soy sauce Marinade for the Pork
- 1 tsp oyster sauce Marinade for the Pork
- 1 tsp vegetable oil For the Dipping Sauce
- 2 cloves of garlic chopped, For the Dipping Sauce
- 2 tbsp hoysin sauce For the Dipping Sauce
- 1 tsp white wine vinegar For the Dipping Sauce
- 1 tsp superfine sugar For the Dipping Sauce
- 1 tsp chili sauce For the Dipping Sauce
- 1/2 tsp red hot pepper flakes For the Dipping Sauce
- 1 tbsp water For the Dipping Sauce
- 1 tbsp peanuts crushed, For the Dipping Sauce
- For the pork belly: In a large bowl, combine the sliced pork, vegetable & sesame oils, garlic, fish, and oyster & soy sauces. Cover well and allow to marinade for about 20 min. Cook in a frying pan on medium high until it’s cooked through, then cool. If the pork belly pieces are big, you can chop the meat more.
- For the shrimp: Fry them on medium high in hot olive oil on both sides. Add salt & pepper. Cool and slice in half.
- For the dipping sauce: Heat the oil in a frying pan, quickly fry the garlic until lightly browned. Add all the other ingredients for the sauce except peanuts, and bring to a gentle boil. Pour the sauce into a bowl and sprinkle the crushed peanuts.
- Prepare all the ingredients for the rolls: vegetables, meat, shrimp, noodles, and a hard surface to roll on. Also a large bowl of very warm (not hot) water.
- For the rolls: Dip rice paper wrapper fully in the warm water for a few seconds, don’t over soak. Place it on a plate or cutting board. On the side of the wrapper, start layering your fillings: lettuce, pork belly, vegetables, herbs and 3 slices of shrimp. Roll the wrapper over the filling, making sure all the fillings remain right and round within the rice paper wrapper. Rolling wraps should be like an envelope and try to make it tight.
- Serve with dipping sauce. If you will eat them later, then cover them with plastic wrap.
WordPress Recipe Plugin by ReciPress
Tags: appetizer, Autumn Food, dinner, dough, herbs, lunch, Memorial Day, Mother's Day, New Year, party, picnic, sauce, simple recipe, Spring Food, Summer Food, Super Bowl, Valentine's day, Women's Day