A very tasty and flavorful Thai soup that is very simple and easy to make! The main thing to remember is to prepare the ingredients ahead of time before you start cooking. It is also best to fry vegetables and shrimp quickly over high heat. Adding coconut milk also gives the soup a unique taste.
Shrimp soup with coconut milk (revised) Recipe
By January 14, 2022Published:
A very tasty and flavorful Thai soup that is very simple and easy to make! The main thing to remember is to prepare the ingredients …
- 500 g shrimp medium
- 1 tbsp peanut oil or vegetable oil
- 1 tbsp sesame oil
- small piece of ginger
- 4 cloves of garlic
- ~1 l chicken broth
- 1 cup flat green pea pods or unfrozen 1/2 cup green peas
- 120 g noodles, vermicelli
- 1 large carrot
- green onions
- 1/2-1 cup coconut milk to your taste
- hot red pepper flakes to your taste
- Peel the shrimp, and chop very finely the ginger and garlic. Grate the carrots or cut into thin strips. Chop the green onions, and cut the pea pods into two parts.
- Heat up a portion of the peanut and sesame oil in a wok, and fry the shrimp over high heat. Set aside on a plate.
- Pour the remaining peanut and sesame oil in the wok. Fry quickly on high heat the garlic, ginger, and green peas for about 2 minutes, then pour the chicken broth. When it reaches boiling point, add the thin noodles, broken into 2 parts. Cook it all together until the noodles are about halfway done, which at that point add the chopped green onions and grated carrots. Cook for another couple of minutes. At the end, pour in coconut milk and add the cooked shrimp. As soon as everything boils, turn off the heat, add hot pepper and pour the soup into bowls. Enjoy!
WordPress Recipe Plugin by ReciPress
Tags: Autumn Food, dinner, lunch, Mother's Day, simple recipe, Spring Food, Summer Food, Valentine's day, Winter Food