Gorgeous bright color and flavor, velvety creamy texture – a great idea for lunch on a cold overcast autumn day. Serve with a grilled cheese sandwich or Panini with Caramelized Onion, Peaches and Cheese for a simple supper or lunch.
Add more spices and hot pepper depending on your taste. This soup is perfect for vegetarians, just substitute vegetable broth instead of chicken broth.
Beautiful and creamy healthy soup!
Pumpkin Puree Soup with Vegetables and Bacon Recipe
By November 17, 2014Published:
- Yield: 6-8 Servings
Gorgeous bright color and flavor, velvety creamy texture - a great idea for lunch on a cold overcast autumn day. Serve with a grilled …
- 800 g pumpkin
- 500 g squash
- 4 medium shallots
- 3 medium carrots
- 5 cloves of garlic
- 1 tbsp brown sugar
- salt to taste
- 0.5 tsp black pepper
- 0.5 tsp chili powder
- 2 tsp cumin
- 1 tsp coriander ground
- 3-4 tbsp olive oil
- 500 ml chicken broth
- 200 ml heavy whipping cream
- hot pepper to taste
- 4 strips bacon
- Cut the pumpkin and squash into 4 pieces, remove the seeds and place on a baking sheet. Add unpeeled garlic. Clean the shallots and carrots, dice into medium pieces and add to the pumpkin and squash. Pour olive over top.
- Mix the brown sugar, 0.5 tsp salt, black pepper, chili powder, cumin and coriander in a small bowl, sprinkle on top of the vegetables, then cover with foil and put the pan in a preheated oven at 220'C for about 45 min.. Bake until the pumpkin and carrots are tender. Cool the vegetables, peel the pumpkin, squash and garlic. Put everything in a blender.
- Boil the broth, add the whipping cream and bring to a boil again. Pour into the blender, beat, add salt and pepper to taste (the same can be done with a hand blender in the pot, just put the roasted vegetables to the boiled broth). Return the soup to the pot, bring to a boil again, then turn off the heat.
- Finely chop the bacon and fry separately.
- Pour the soup into bowls, top with bacon and cilantro leaves, serve immediately.
WordPress Recipe Plugin by ReciPress
Tags: Autumn Food, dinner, Halloween, lunch, simple recipe, Thanksgiving, vegetarian, Winter Food