An easy recipe for crab rangoon. Crab rangoon is an appetizer in American Chinese cuisine of North America. For the filling you can add a little grated ginger and also replace the garlic powder with fresh garlic. Serve with sweet and sour sauce, plum sauce or soy sauce. I usually serve with a thai sweet chili sauce.
Crab Rangoon Recipe
By July 22, 2013Published:
- Yield: 30
- Prep: 30 mins
- Cook: 5 mins
- Ready In: 35 mins
An easy recipe for crab rangoon. Crab rangoon is an appetizer in American Chinese cuisine of North America. For the filling you can …
- 100-120 g cream cheese room temperature
- 4 crab sticks
- 4 pinches of garlic powder, salt and sugar
- chives to taste
- 30 pcs wonton wrappers
- vegetable oil for frying
- Finely chop the crab sticks and green onions and mix together with the cheese,garlic powder, sugar, and salt in a bowl.
- Add the cheese mix in each wonton wrapper, about a teaspoon each. Brush the wonton wrapper edges with water and then the edges to make a triangle. There are many shapes you can make, just follow my photos or make your own. Be sure to seal the edges tight and remove as much air as possible, otherwise the filling will escape while frying and the wontons will balloon.
- Heat the oil in a saucepan to 350' and fry the wontons for about 40-60 seconds, until golden brown.
WordPress Recipe Plugin by ReciPress
Tags: appetizer, cheese, deep fried, dinner, dough, Kids' Parties, party, sauce, Super Bowl, tapas, Valentine's day, vegetarian