Here are 2 recipes of cherry jam, one cherry jam includes the cherry pits, another is pitted cherry jam. Both are so tasty and really easy to make. This time I bought lots of sweet black cherries from a farm, they are so big and delicious. We ate them a lot, some of them I put in the frizzier, also made kompot, which is kinda like a fruit punch and the rest I used for cherries jam, which is one of my favorites!
Cherry Jam with Pits / Pitted Cherry Jam Recipe
By October 21, 2019Published:
Here are 2 recipes of cherry jam, one cherry jam includes the cherry pits, another is pitted cherry jam. Both are so tasty and really …
- 800 g sugar Cherry jam with pits
- 1 kg cherries Cherry jam with pits
- 100 ml water Cherry jam with pits
- vanilla extract Cherry jam with pits
- 500 g sugar Pitted cherry jam
- 500 g cherries Pitted cherry jam
- 100 ml water Pitted cherry jam
- 1 tsp vanilla extract Pitted cherry jam
- Cherry jam with pits: Remove the stems from cherries, wash them and dry with the towel. Pierce each berry with a toothpick, which will allow you to keep them whole during the heat treatment process. Prepare the syrup: pour water into a saucepan, add sugar and bring to a boil with constant stirring. It is necessary that all sugar crystals dissolve. Add vanilla, put the prepared berries into the boiling syrup, and wait until the jam boils again. Cook over low heat for 1-1.5 hours. The longer you cook, the thicker the jam will be in the end - it will be thick like caramel. Pour the jam into the jars, tightly close the lids, turn, and cool. Store in a cool dark place.
- Pitted cherry jam: Remove the pits from the cherries. Pour sugar into a medium saucepan with a thick bottom, add water, and cook over low heat, stirring all the time until sugar is completely dissolved. Pour in the vanilla extract, add sweet cherries, and mix gently. When the cherries boil, remove the foam and cook for about 5 minutes, then turn off the heat and set aside for 10-12 hours. Repeat this twice. The jam will turn out thick, and the berries will be dense. Pour the jam over the jars, tightly close the lids, turn and cool. Store in a cool dark place.
WordPress Recipe Plugin by ReciPress
Tags: appetizer, Autumn Food, berries, breakfast, Christmas, Easter, fruit, Mother's Day, New Year, sauce, simple recipe, slavic, Spring Food, Summer Food, Thanksgiving, Valentine's day, vegetarian, Winter Food, Women's Day