Here is the recipe from my son, Nikita. This jam is so delicious! Can’t wait to use it with my burger next time or cheese plate!
With this recipe, you can use either Bourbon Whiskey or Rum. I used a combination of Irish Whiskey and Rum (50/50 split)
Bacon Fig Jam Recipe
By July 6, 2021Published:
- Yield: 1 medium jar
Here is the recipe from my son, Nikita. This jam is so delicious! Can't wait to use it with my burger next time or cheese plate! …
- 4 Strips of bacon The thicker the cut, the better
- Half of a medium shallot finely chopped
- 8-12 figs depending on the size, cut in half
- 1/4 cup honey
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1/4 cup whiskey or rum
- 3 tbsp red wine vinegar
- 2 tbsp balsamic vinegar
- pinch of salt or to taste
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- In a non-stick pan, fry the bacon until it's been browned. Once cooked, set the bacon aside to cool and pour the roughly 2 Tbsp of the grease into a separate pot that has a lid, or enough to cover the bottom. Roughly chop or crumble the bacon once its cooled.
- In a separate bowl, mix together the honey, brown sugar, whiskey, red wine and balsamic vinegar, and salt. Set aside.
- Let the pan heat up at medium heat with the bacon grease and throw the shallots in. Let them cook until they begin to brown or they soften. Once they are, carefully pour in the honey-vinegar mixture into the pot, and set the halved figs into the pot as well. Increase the heat to a simmer, and once the pot begins to simmer, pour the crumbled bacon bits into the pot.
- Lower the heat and set a lid to partially cover the pot. Stir roughly every 5 minutes and check for a thickened and/or syrupy consistency, roughly 20 minutes. Once thickened, turn off the heat and let it cool for a couple minutes. When it has cooled slightly, pour into a food processor, add the lemon juice with it, and blend until smooth. Let cool, and transfer into a jar of your choice and enjoy!
WordPress Recipe Plugin by ReciPress
Tags: appetizer, Autumn Food, canning, Christmas, dinner, Father's Day, fruit, grill, lunch, Memorial Day, New Year, party, sauce, simple recipe, snacks, Super Bowl, tapas, Thanksgiving, Valentine's day, Winter Food