Usually I buy ready dough for khachapuri, but sometimes I like to make my own. It’s not hard, just takes some time, but more tastier and fluffier, of course. I have some other recipes of different khachapuri here
Adjarian Khachapuri Recipe
By November 12, 2021Published:
Usually I buy ready dough for khachapuri, but sometimes I like to make my own. It's not hard, just takes some time, but more tastier …
- 500 g +2-3 tbsp flour for rolling the doughFor the Dough
- 125 ml water Warm, For the Dough
- 125 ml milk Warm, For the Dough
- 7 g dry yeast For the Dough
- 0.5 tsp sugar For the Dough
- 0.5 tsp salt For the Dough
- 1 tbsp vegetable oil For the Dough
- 350 g Panela Cheese For the Filling
- 150 g Mozzarella Cheese For the Filling
- 100-200 g Feta Cheese For the Filling
- salt to taste, For the Filling
- 4 eggs optional, For the Filling
- 4 tbsp butter for serving
- Knead the dough: put the sifted flour into the bowl of a food processor, pour in warm water and milk, then add yeast, sugar, salt and vegetable oil, then knead the dough. Cover the bowl with a towel and leave in a warm place for 2 hours. When the dough rises in the bowl, wrap your hands around it, cover it again, and let it stand for another hour and a half. The dough will turn out fluffy and airy.
- Prepare the filling: Mash with your hands or grate the cheeses on a coarse grater, and pour in a little liquid from the Panela or Feta cheese to make a thick cheese mash (you can add a little bit of water). Divide the cheese mix into equal 4 parts.
- Place the dough on a floured kitchen board or countertop. Divide it into 4 equal parts, and form into balls. Cover and leave for 10-20 minutes. Then roll each ball into an oval ‘cake’ (flatbread). You can right away put the cheese on the dough and then roll the edges from both sides to the center. Fasten the ends and pinch. Spread to the sides to make the "boats" (then the edges of the khachapuri will be inside with a cheese filling). Otherwise, fold the edges, and then put the cheese inside, add salt if needed.
- Place the khachapuri on a baking sheet with parchment paper. Cook the khachapuri in a heated oven at 250C for 10-15 minutes, remove the khachapuri from the oven, crack an egg into each one, return the baking sheet back to the oven and cook for another 2-4 minutes. Put a piece of butter in khachapuri when serving.
WordPress Recipe Plugin by ReciPress
Tags: Autumn Food, baking, breakfast, brunch, cheese, dinner, dough, Easter, lunch, slavic, Spring Food, Summer Food, Super Bowl, Thanksgiving, vegetarian, Winter Food