I usually bake sweet tarts, but this time I decided to experiment with puff pastry filled caramelized onion and mushroom stuffing. The tart turned out great and was easy and quick to prepare. For the mushrooms I used baby bella mushrooms.
Tart with Mushrooms and Onions Recipe
By January 7, 2015Published:
- Yield: 4-8 Servings
- Prep: 30 mins
- Cook: 25 mins
- Ready In: 55 mins
I usually bake sweet tarts, but this time I decided to experiment with puff pastry filled caramelized onion and mushroom stuffing. …
- 1 medium onion red
- 1 medium onion white
- 30 g butter
- 1 tbsp honey
- 150-200 g mushrooms
- 1 tbsp thyme leaves
- salt, pepper to taste
- garlic powder to taste
- 250 g puff pastry (half a package)
- Peel the onion and cut it into segments. Cut the mushrooms into medium cubes if they are large.
- Melt the butter in a frying pan and fry the onion over low heat, stirring all the time, about 10 minutes. Add the honey, stir and cook 5 min., stirring occasionally. After that, put the mushrooms, continuing to stir, and cook for another 5 minutes. Salt and pepper, add the garlic powder and thyme.
- Roll the dough a little. Lay evenly mushrooms with the onions in a medium baking pan, cover with the roll out dough, pressing down the ends of the dough with your fingers on the perimeter to the bottom.
- Cook the tart in a preheated 200'C (390F), oven for 20-25 minutes until golden brown. Cover tart with a large plate, flip it, and let cool.
WordPress Recipe Plugin by ReciPress
Tags: appetizer, Autumn Food, baking, Christmas, dinner, dough, Easter, herbs, lunch, Mother's Day, New Year, party, Spring Food, Summer Food, tarts, Thanksgiving, Valentine's day, vegetarian, Winter Food, Women's Day