I bought a new mold for cakes, miniature bundt pans, and decided to try it out immediately. The weather is perfect for baking and the fall holidays are coming soon so the shape of bundt pans resemble little pumpkins. Also autumn ingredients like pears, apples, nuts, cinnamon, vanilla are a great idea for rich and moist cake for Halloween or Thanksgiving.
Instead of 6 small molds like I have you can use one large mold for bundt cake, just increase the ingredients and the baking time twice. And if you want to make a cake in the shape of a pumpkin, then first prepare one cake, and while it cools, prepare the second.
Apple – Pear Cake with Almond Cream Cheese Glaze and Chocolate Recipe
By October 23, 2017Published:
- Yield: 3/6
I bought a new mold for cakes, miniature bundt pans, and decided to try it out immediately. The weather is perfect for baking and …
- 1 apple
- 1 pear
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup sugar
- 113 g butter room temp
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1 cup flour sifted
- 1/4 cup almond flour
- 0.5 tbsp backing powder
- a pinch of salt
- 2 drops orange essence
- 3 tbsp whipped cream cheese original, for the Glaze between layers
- 2 tbsp honey for the Glaze between layers
- 1-2 drops walnut essences for the Glaze between layers
- vanilla for the Glaze between layers
- 2 tbsp butter Glaze for the top (chocolate)
- 2 tbsp whipping cream Glaze for the top (chocolate)
- 30 g chocolate Glaze for the top (chocolate)
- 1 tsp corn syrup Glaze for the top (chocolate)
- 1/3 cup sugar powder Glaze for the top (chocolate)
- Beat the butter and sugar in a deep bowl with a mixer, then slowly add the eggs, vanilla, salt, cinnamon and orange essence.
- In a separate bowl, mix the flour with the almond flour and baking powder. Gradually add it to the butter with sugar and eggs and beat it again.
- Clean the apple and pear, grate on a coarse grater. Add to the batter and mix gently with a spoon.
- Grease the molds with oil or butter, then sprinkle with a little flour. Next add the batter and bake in a preheated 163'C oven for 25-30 min. (remember, increase the baking time twice for a bigger mold).
- Cool the cake (cakes) for about 10 minutes, then take them out of the molds.
- You can leave them like this, they will be so moist and tasty anyway or decorate them with cream and chocolate glaze.
- Prepare the glaze between layers: Beat the whipped cream cheese with honey, vanilla and walnut essences, and place in refrigerator for 30 minutes.
- Prepare the chocolate glaze: Pour the whipping cream and corn syrup in a small saucepan, add the butter and melt over low heat. Next add the chocolate, remove the pan from the heat, and whisk until chocolate is completely dissolved. Continue whisking and pour the powdered sugar. Whisk until the glaze is smooth.
- Cool the cakes completely before frosting. Invert one cake so the flat part is facing upwards. Spread frosting on cake and top the second cake.
- Spoon over top of cake the chocolate glaze.
WordPress Recipe Plugin by ReciPress
Tags: Autumn Food, baking, breakfast, cake, chocolate, dough, fruit, Halloween, Kids' Parties, party, Thanksgiving, Winter Food