This is a recipe for home tiramisu, one of the most popular desserts in the world. The recipe is not an easy one, but it’s worth it! Tasty, moist, light cake that melts in your mouth, an exquisite Italian dessert.
Treat your Mom to a special dessert on her big day!
By May 9, 2014Published:
- Yield: ~12 Servings
This is a recipe for home tiramisu, one of the most popular desserts in the world. The recipe is not an easy one, but it's worth it! …
- 5 eggs
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 3/4 cup flour wheat
- pinch of salt
- 4-5 eggs for the cream
- 500 g (1.1lbs) mascarpone for the cream
- 6 tbsp brown sugar for the cream
- vanilla for the cream
- 5 tbsp sugar powdered for the cream
- 2-3 tbsp Amaretto liqueur for the cream
- pinch of salt for the cream
- ~1 cup espresso
- 5-6 tbsp dark rum
- 2 tbsp cocoa powder for decoration
- Preheat oven to 360 F. Separate the yolks from the whites, and then beat the egg yolks with half the sugar and vanilla, gradually adding the sifted flour. Beat whites with salt and remaining sugar to a a sturdy foam, about 10 minutes. Add just a little of this to the yolk-flour mixture and mix. It will be a little thin, but combined well. Then gently add the remaining beaten egg whites, mix with spoon, slowly move from the bottom up.
- Put parchment paper in a spring form pan, pour the dough for and cook in preheated oven for about 20 minutes. Then reduce heat to 320 F and cook another 10 minutes. Turn off the oven, open the door and leave cake in oven for another 20 minutes.
- While cooking the cake, prepare espresso and add about 1-2 tsp sugar and rum. Slice the cake in half horizontally (so you will have two cakes) and soak with espresso so that the cakes were moist.
- Prepare the cream by mixing the mascarpone with the powdered sugar mixing thoroughly. Separate the yolks from whites and beat them with a mixer with 3 tablespoons brown sugar until there is a thick foam. Add them to the cheese, beat well, and slowly add the liqueur. Separately beat the whites with the salt and the remaining half of sugar and vanilla to form a strong foam. Put these whites carefully into the cheese mixture and stir with a spoon. It must be a light and airy. Put it in the fridge for 10 minutes.
- Put parchment paper into a spring form pan again, and place the soaked cake on a bottom, top with half the cream spread evenly on surface, then add the second cake on top and coat the entire surface of the second half of the cream. Put the cake to cool in the fridge overnight. Before serving, sprinkle cake with grated chocolate or cocoa powder.
WordPress Recipe Plugin by ReciPress
Tags: baking, cake, cheese, Christmas, Mother's Day, New Year, parchment, party, vegetarian, Women's Day