You can use chicken breast or thighs, we prefer thighs. You can make this dish 2 ways: Cut the chicken into pieces (medium cubes) or cook a whole chicken breasts/ tights. I prefer to cut, this method is easier to cook and to be sure it’s cooked.
Mirin and sake you can substitute to rice wine vinegar, just add some sugar (~1tsp)
Teriyaki chicken Recipe
By July 27, 2021Published:
- Yield: 4 Servings
You can use chicken breast or thighs, we prefer thighs. You can make this dish 2 ways: Cut the chicken into pieces (medium cubes) or …
- 4 chicken breast or chicken thighs skinless, boneless
- 2 tbsp flour
- 1 tbsp corn starch
- 1 tbsp vegetable oil
- 2 tbsp soy sauce for the Seasoning
- 4 tbsp sake or mirin for the Seasoning
- 4 tbsp orange juice optional, for the Seasoning
- 1 tsp sesame oil for the Seasoning
- 1 tsp superfine sugar for the Seasoning
- 1 tsp ginger grated , for the Seasoning
- 2 cloves of garlic chopped, for the Seasoning
- sesame seeds optional, for the Seasoning
- Make the teriyaki sauce: pour into a small saucepan: soy sauce, sake or mirin, orange juice, sesame oil. Add ginger, garlic, sugar. Simmer on low heat for 8-10 min., mix once in a while.
- Mix the flour and corn starch in a bowl, add some salt and pepper. Roll the chicken cubes in this mix. Pour vegetable oil into the wok/ pan, fry the chicken, heat above medium. It is better to fry in batches if there is a lot of chicken. Fry the first part, until it is cooked, put on a plate, then fry the next part of the chicken, and etc. When all the chicken is done, put the cooked chicken back in to the wok/pan, pour in the teriyaki sauce, add the sesame seeds, cook for another minute, stirring all the time.
WordPress Recipe Plugin by ReciPress
Tags: Autumn Food, dinner, Father's Day, fried, grill, lunch, party, simple recipe, Spring Food, Summer Food, Super Bowl, Winter Food, wok