You can prepare the dumplings in advance, and keep in the refrigerator before cooking. Just freeze them and put in boiling water for about 8-10 minutes. you can steam them on lettuce leaves or just like me, using a non-stick spray in your steamer baskets ( I have a bamboo and also metal one ), both worked great!
Sweet and Sour Pork Steamed Dumplings Recipe
By July 23, 2018Published:
- Yield: 60
You can prepare the dumplings in advance, and keep in the refrigerator before cooking. Just freeze them and put in boiling water for …
- 1 lb pork ground
- a small bunch green onions
- 4 cloves of garlic
- small piece of ginger grated
- 3 tsp sesame oil
- 1 egg lightly beaten
- 2 tbsp soy sauce
- 1 tbsp rice wine
- ~1 tsp salt
- pepper to taste
- 60 Wonton Wrappers
- 1 tbsp cornstarch
- 3 tbsp water
- 1/2 cup sugar for Sweet and Sour Sauce
- 1/4 cup white vinegar for Sweet and Sour Sauce
- 2 tbsp soy sauce for Sweet and Sour Sauce
- 1 tbsp ketchup for Sweet and Sour Sauce
- 1 tbsp cornstarch water for Sweet and Sour Sauce
- Finely chop the green onions. Mix the ground pork, green onion, finely chopped garlic, grated ginger, rice wine, sesame oil, egg, soy sauce, salt and pepper in a bowl.
- On each wonton square put about 1 tsp of the stuffing in the middle, wet the edges with cornstarch water using your finger or a brush, and then pinch down to each opposite corner until dumpling is sealed. Place them on steamer baskets (don't forget to spray them with oil or use lettuce/ cabbage leaves). Steam for 15 min until cooked.
- Make the sauce: mix together sugar, vinegar, soy sauce, ketchup and 1/2 cup of water in a small saucepan, whisking it and bring it to boil, then add 1 tbsp. of cornstarch water, and whisk it again. After the sauce is thickens, turn off the heat and cool it.
- Serve the dumplings with some chopped green onion and the sauce.
WordPress Recipe Plugin by ReciPress
Tags: Autumn Food, breakfast, dim sum, dinner, dough, dumplings, Father's Day, lunch, party, sauce, simple recipe, Spring Food, steamed, Summer Food, Super Bowl, Valentine's day, Winter Food