Filling for ravioli can be very different: vegetables, meat, mushrooms, cheese, fish or seafood. Ravioli can be a dessert dish too if they are prepared with a sweet filling like fruit or berries. This time I made ravioli with pork meat. I also made two sauces, a mushroom sauce and a tomato sauce. Here is a recipe with a mushroom sauce, it’s very tasty, and goes great with the pork filled ravioli.
Ravioli with Mushroom Cream Sauce Recipe
By September 27, 2013Published:
Filling for ravioli can be very different: vegetables, meat, mushrooms, cheese, fish or seafood. Ravioli can be a dessert dish too if …
- 2 cups flour
- 3 eggs
- 1 cup pork mince for filling
- 1-2 cloves of garlic for filling
- half of yellow onion for filling
- egg yolk for filling
- pinch of salt, pepper for filling
- half of yellow onion
- 2 cloves of garlic
- 150 g mushrooms
- 120 ml heavy whipping cream
- 0.5 tbsp corn starch
- 4 tbsp cold milk
- pinch of salt
- 2 tbs shredded parmesan
- pinch of nutmeg
- bunch of basil leaves
- Pour the flour in a bowl and add beaten eggs. Stir. Put the mixture into an electric mixer and mix. If the dough is dry add half a tablespoon of water. If it is too sticky, add a little flour. Continue mixing the dough until it forms a rough ball.
- Knead the dough until smooth and then cover with plastic wrap and let it set for 1 hour.
- To prepare the filling, grind the pork, onion and garlic, mix well with salt, pepper, egg yolk and leave in refrigerator for 30-60 minutes.
- Dice the onion, garlic and mushrooms. Stir the cornstarch and milk together in a bowl. Pour medium amount of olive oil into pan and heat until hot, then place the onion and garlic into pan, stir for 4-5 min, add mushrooms, stir and cook for another 5-7 min. Add the whipping cream, cornstarch mix, salt and mix well for 30 sec. then add the shredded parmesan, nutmeg and finely chopped basil leaves. Turn the heat off, cover with lid.
- Roll the dough into a layer thickness of 2 mm, and cut it into strips 10 cm wide. Put the meat (1 tsp) along the dough, then cover the top with the second strip of dough and cut out the ravioli with special square or round molds.
- Boil the ravioli in boiling water for 3-5 minutes, Throw in a colander. Ready-made ravioli put in a plate, pour the mushroom sauce on top, sprinkle a little cheese.
WordPress Recipe Plugin by ReciPress
Tags: Autumn Food, cheese, dinner, dough, frozen food, herbs, lunch, ravioli, sauce, tapas, Valentine's day, Winter Food, Women's Day