Mediterranean Couscous Salad with Lemon Herb Dressing, Feta Cheese and Vegetables
This bright, colorful, delicious, freshening salad will be perfect for the summer, a picnic, or in the winter to remind you about the nice, warm, and sunny summer days. A light, healthy, and quick side salad.
You can add bell pepper to the salad, mushrooms or change it a little bit and add cooked shrimp. You can use water as well instead of broth.
Mediterranean Couscous Salad with Lemon Herb Dressing, Feta Cheese and Vegetables Recipe
By February 17, 2021Published:
- Yield: 4-6 Servings
This bright, colorful, delicious, freshening salad will be perfect for the summer, a picnic, or in the winter to remind you about the …
- 1 cup chicken bouillon or vegetable bouillon or water
- 1 cup couscous
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 3 cloves of garlic
- salt to your taste
- 1 small Roma tomato For the salad
- 1/3 of English cucumber For the salad
- Half of small red onion For the salad
- 1/2 cup Kalamata olives For the salad
- 4 tbsp feta cheese For the salad
- 1 tsp mint chopped , For the salad
- 2 tsp cilantro, basil, oregano chopped , For the salad
- 1 tsp lemon zest For the dressing
- 2 tbsp lemon juice For the dressing
- 1 tbsp white wine vinegar For the dressing
- 1 tsp balsamic vinegar For the dressing
- 1/2 tsp black pepper For the dressing
- 4 tbsp olive oil For the dressing
- In a medium saucepan fry the chopped garlic, stirring constantly until golden in color. Add the chicken/vegetable broth, then bring to a boil. Add the couscous, stir it in, turn off the heat, cover with a lid and leave it for 5-7 min. Afterwards, mix it with a spoon and let it cool.
- Prepare the vegetables: dice the tomatoes, cucumbers, onions, and slice the olives. As well chop the herbs and crush the feta cheese. You can mix everything with the couscous right away in a bowl or put them on top of the couscous like in my photo, then mix it before eating with the dressing.
- Prepare the dressing: whisk in a small bowl lemon zest and juice, both vinegars, and pepper. Slowly drizzle in the olive, whisking all the time, until a thickened dressing forms.
- Pour dressing over the salad, mix it well.
WordPress Recipe Plugin by ReciPress
Tags: Autumn Food, dinner, Easter, Fourth of July, herbs, lunch, Memorial Day, Mother's Day, New Year, party, picnic, simple recipe, Spring Food, Summer Food, Thanksgiving, vegetarian, Winter Food