Brown sugar, honey, orange, and mustard glazed ham; smokey, sweet, and spicy flavors come through in every bite. It was mouth-watering, and so incredibly flavorful! An easy and quick recipe, it’s perfect for Christmas, Thanksgiving and Easter, or any dinner as an entre for a pasta dish, rice or potatoes.
Glazed Ham Recipe
By November 11, 2019Published:
Brown sugar, honey, orange, and mustard glazed ham; smokey, sweet, and spicy flavors come through in every bite. It was …
- 1.300 kg ham one piece
- 1/2 cup of water
- 1/4 cup of butter
- 1/3 cup brown sugar
- 3 tbsp honey
- 1 tbsp Dijon mustard
- 1 tbsp cognac
- 1 tbsp orange marmalade or orange jam
- a pinch of cinnamon
- a pinch of cloves ground
- 2 cloves of garlic
- ~1 tsp cayenne pepper or to taste
- 1 tbsp molasses
- Place the piece of ham put on a baking sheet with foil or silicon mat, cover it with foil and bake at 150C for about 30 minutes.
- In a medium pan with a heavy bottom, add all ingredients for the glaze and cook, stirring it at medium heat until it has reduced and there is less liquid.
- Take the ham out from the oven, grease with the half of the glaze, and cook at 220° C for 15 minutes, without the foil on top. Remove the baking sheet, flip the piece of meat onto the other side, drain some of the liquid into the remaining unused half of the glaze, stir, and grease the glaze again, cooking for another 15 minutes without the foil on top.
- After cooking, let the meat sit for 10-20 minutes. Before serving, grease the meat on all sides with the juice from the baking sheet.
WordPress Recipe Plugin by ReciPress
Tags: Autumn Food, baking, Christmas, dinner, Easter, Father's Day, Mother's Day, New Year, party, roast, simple recipe, Spring Food, Thanksgiving, Valentine's day, Winter Food