Sweet, sour and so delicious! Instead of cherries and blueberries you can use other berries or fruits like cranberries, currants, gooseberries or even apples with cinnamon. Great easy summer recipe!
Cherry-Blueberry Swirls Recipe
By June 21, 2017Published:
- Yield: ~10
- Prep: 15 mins
- Cook: 30 mins
- Ready In: 45 mins
Sweet, sour and so delicious! Instead of cherries and blueberries you can use other berries or fruits like cranberries, currants, …
- 150 g cherries pitted, fresh
- 150 g blueberries fresh
- 1/4 cup brown sugar for the berries
- 1 lemon zest
- 2 tsp lemon juice
- 250 g puff pastry
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- powdered sugar
- 1 tsp cornstarch for the berries
- In a dry frying pan, add the sugar and lemon zest, cook for 1 minute stirring all the time, then add the fruit, cornstarch, pour in the lemon juice and cook for another 3 minutes, stirring occasionally. Turn off the heat and let cool.
- Roll the dough out lightly on a floured board into a rectangle. Sprinkle evenly with sugar up to 1 cm from the edge and top with the fruit filling. Roll the dough (into a roll) with stuffing. Then slice with a sharp knife, each about 4 cm wide.
- Space them out on a greased baking pan and brush each top with the cherry-blueberry syrup from (I usually do it in the end, when they are ready) . Place in a preheated 200'C oven for 25-30 minutes. Cool and then sprinkle with sugar.
WordPress Recipe Plugin by ReciPress
Tags: baking, breakfast, dough, Fourth of July, Kids' Parties, Mother's Day, party, simple recipe, Summer Food, Valentine's day, vegetarian, Women's Day