The dough is amazingly fluffy and sweet, and is especially delicious when they are still warm as the filling is juicy and aromatic! You can also add other fruits, like pears, plums, peaches, apricot, etc. For the filling, you can also use any jam or marmalade you like.
Buns with apples and cinnamon Recipe
By November 23, 2020Published:
The dough is amazingly fluffy and sweet, and is especially delicious when they are still warm as the filling is juicy and aromatic! …
- 225 ml milk
- 75 g sugar
- 7 g dry yeast
- 40 g butter
- 3/4 tsp salt
- 400 g flour
- 2 apples for the filling
- ~30 g sugar for the filling
- cinnamon for the filling
- apricot or other jam for the filling
- Add the yeast to the warm milk (about 42 degrees), add sugar, mix, and let it sit for about 10-15 minutes. Sift the flour with salt into a large bowl. Pour in the milk-yeast mixture and melted butter (it should not be hot, otherwise the yeast might die), knead the smooth, non-sticky dough. If necessary, add more flour, but not too much.
- Form a ball out of the dough, put it in a greased bowl, cover, and put in a warm place for about an hour. In the winter or when it's cold, I like to use a slightly warm oven for this, the dough should increase its volume by 1.5x-2x.
- Peel the apples, and remove the core. Cut into small cubes. Mix them with sugar and cinnamon.
- Move the dough after it has risen to a lightly floured work surface and knead. Roll out into a rectangle about 30 x 40 cm.
- Cut off the edges to an even rectangle (we will roll out them after and form a few more buns). Cut the rectangle into 8 parts. Make the cuts, as in my photos. On the section without cuts, spoon in the apple/cinnamon mixture. Roll it into a roll and put it seam down. Transfer to a baking sheet covered with parchment paper or a silicone mat. Repeat with the rest of the dough and do not forget about the trimmings that we cut off, which also need to be rolled out . Let the buns sit at room temperature for about 40 minutes. Then brush them with the yolk mixed with milk. After, put them in the oven preheated to 190’. Bake for about 20-25 minutes, until golden brown. Cool and serve.
WordPress Recipe Plugin by ReciPress
Tags: Autumn Food, baking, breakfast, Christmas, dough, Easter, fruit, Kids' Parties, Mother's Day, New Year, party, simple recipe, slavic, snacks, Spring Food, Summer Food, Super Bowl, Thanksgiving, Valentine's day, vegetarian, Winter Food, Women's Day