Both types of sweets are prepared on the basis of condensed milk. Soft and very tasty candy and easy to prepare. ‘Beijinho’ translates roughly to ‘kiss’. To decorate this candy use coconut flakes, but it can be replaced by fine-grained sugar. ‘Cajuzinho’ translates to ‘little cashew’. Although the sweets are made from peanuts, they are decorated with cashew and have form the form of a cashew nut growing on a tree. Roll them in sugar, but if too sweet for you, sugar can be replaced with finely chopped nuts. These two types of candy are even more delicious the next day. Any Brazilian holiday can’t do without those candy. From one can of condensed milk you can make about 20 candies. Great idea for Christmas!
Brazilian Candy Cajuzinho and Beijinho Recipe
By December 13, 2013Published:
- Yield: 20
- Cook: 25 mins
Both types of sweets are prepared on the basis of condensed milk. Soft and very tasty candy and easy to prepare. 'Beijinho' translates …
- half can condensed milk for Beijinho
- 0.5 tbsp butter for Beijinho
- 55 g (2oz) coconut flakes for Beijinho
- coconut flakes for Beijinho, decoration
- sticks cloves for Beijinho, decoration
- half can condensed milk for Cajuzinho
- 0.5 tbsp butter for Cajuzinho
- 1 tbsp cocoa for Cajuzinho
- 90 g (3.2oz) roasted unsalted peanuts for Cajuzinho, chopped
- fine-grained sugar for Cajuzinho, decoration
- whole cashew nuts for Cajuzinho, decoration
- For Beijinho: Pour the condensed milk into a saucepan with a thick bottom and walls, add the butter and coconut flakes and bring to medium heat until boiling, stirring constantly, then reduce heat and cook, still stirring, about 7 minutes. The mixture will thicken and become shiny. Let cool for a couple of hours (you can put an hour in the fridge).
- Pour the coconut flakes on the plate. Grease hands with butter and take the mixture with a teaspoon and roll the balls with hands. Then roll the balls in the coconut and put on a plate. In the middle of candy put stick of cloves and place in the fridge for an hour.
- For Cajuzinho: Pour the condensed milk into a saucepan with a thick bottom and walls, add the butter, cocoa and bring to medium heat to a boil, then reduce heat and continue to cook. After 5 minutes, add the peanuts and cook an additional 2 minutes until ready and mix with spoon and stir. Let cool for a couple of hours (you can put an hour in the fridge).
- Pour sugar onto a plate. Grease hands with butter, take the mixture with a teaspoon and roll it, shaping into the form of a cone. Insert a cashew on top and roll the candy in sugar. Place on a plate and let cool again for at least an hour.
WordPress Recipe Plugin by ReciPress
Tags: candy, Christmas, Kids' Parties, Mother's Day, New Year, nuts, party, simple recipe, snacks, Thanksgiving, Valentine's day, vegetarian, Women's Day