Mongolian Beef is not a Mongolian dish, it’s a Chinese-American dish of thinly sliced beef, fried in a sweet spicy yet savory sauce. If you like even spicier food, you can add a couple of chili peppers.
Serve with steamed rice, rice noodles or cellophane (noodles). Really easy recipe!
Mongolian Beef Recipe
By December 13, 2015Published:
- Yield: 3-4 Servings
Mongolian Beef is not a Mongolian dish, it's a Chinese-American dish of thinly sliced beef, fried in a sweet spicy yet savory sauce. …
- 500 g beef steak
- 1/4 cup cornstarch
- 2 tbsp peanut oil
- green onions green part
- 1 tbsp hoysin sauce for the sauce
- 2 tbsp soy sauce for the sauce
- 1 tbsp sherry for the sauce
- 1 tsp rice vinegar for the sauce
- 1 tbsp sugar for the sauce
- 1 tbsp garlic grated, for the sauce
- 0.5 tsp ginger grated, for the sauce
- Cut the meat into thin strips and place in a bowl. Add the cornstarch and mix well so each piece of meat will be covered with cornstarch. Leave for 30 minutes.
- Prepare the sauce by mixing all ingredients intended for the sauce.
- Heat the wok and add peanut oil. In the hot oil, add the meat and fry it, stirring all the time over high heat for about 5 minutes. Next add the chopped green onion, pour the sauce and cook, stirring constantly for 1-2 minutes. The sauce should fully cover the meat. Serve immediately.
WordPress Recipe Plugin by ReciPress
Tags: Autumn Food, dinner, lunch, simple recipe, Winter Food