Now is the season for ripe strawberries and rhubarb and with these you can make a refreshing lemonade. This sweet and sour strawberry rhubarb drink is easy to make and refreshing for hot days. My kids love it! And for an adult party or a picnic with friends, you can add a little rum or tequila. CHEERS!
Strawberry Rhubarb Summer Drink Recipe
By June 7, 2017Published:
- Yield: 5 cups
- Prep: 5 mins
- Cook: 20 mins
- Ready In: 30 mins
Now is the season for ripe strawberries and rhubarb and with these you can make a refreshing lemonade. This sweet and sour strawberry …
- 500 g rhubarb stalks
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup water
- 6 sprigs (~15g) mint
- 1 large lemon zest and juice
- 500 g strawberries
- 3-4 cups club soda
- Cut the rhubarb into medium pieces and place in a saucepan. Add the sugar, mint, lemon zest and water. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat, cover, and cook for 15 minutes. Turn off the heat, and add the lemon juice. Let cool.
- Set aside 8-10 strawberries for decoration, then blend the rest of the strawberries in a blender or food processor.
- Strain the rhubarb syrup through a sieve into a bowl, add the blended strawberries and club soda there, stir and leave for 5 minutes. Then pour everything into a jug, you'll see strawberry seeds at the bottom of the bowl.
- Serve with ice and garnish with strawberries and mint leaves.
WordPress Recipe Plugin by ReciPress
Tags: berries, drinks, Fourth of July, Kids' Parties, Memorial Day, Mother's Day, party, picnic, simple recipe, Spring Food, Summer Food, vegetarian