Very easy dish to make. For our fish, we used tilapia which has a firm flesh and is easy to find anywhere as well as inexpensive. Also you can add a little feta cheese. It’s important to keep the batter cold so use ice cold beer or club soda when making the batter. It will give you a crunchier and lighter crust on the fish. I usually add one or two ice cubs as well to keep it cold. Here is the recipe of pico de gallo.
Fish Tacos Recipe
By May 5, 2017Published:
- Yield: 4 Servings
Very easy dish to make. For our fish, we used tilapia which has a firm flesh and is easy to find anywhere as well as inexpensive. Also …
- 1/2-1 lb tilapia
- small corn tortillas
- pico de gallo
- green cabbage
- 1/2 cup flour
- 1/2 cup of beer or club soda
- 1/4 cup panko bread crumbs
- 1/4 cup corn starch
- 1 lime
- garlic powder
- vegetable oil for frying
- Prepare the pico de gallo and spicy sauce ahead of time. Cut the fish into strips about 4-5 inches long and no more than 1/2 inch thick. Squeeze the lime juice over the fish (and tequila if you choose) and let marinate for at least 30 minutes.
- Combine the corn starch and panko bread crumbs along with a pinch of salt and pepper. Mix the flour and beer or club soda to make the batter and add 1 or two cubes of ice to keep it ice cold. Heat the oil in a tall pot for frying, or use a deep fryer if you have one. Dip each piece of fish into the batter and then cover with the panko bread crumbs. Place in the fryer and let cook for about 2 minutes, just until it starts turning brown and flipping about halfway through. A mistake is to fry it too long, it should be just turning brown when you remove it.
- Heat the corn tortillas in a microwave, about 5-6 at a time wrapped in damp paper towels for about 1 minute. Cut the cabbage into very thin strips, you won’t need a lot.
- To prepare the tacos, just place 1-2 pieces of the fish onto a tortilla, add some pico de gallo and cabbage, a little of the spicy sauce and maybe some of the lime juice, and enjoy!
WordPress Recipe Plugin by ReciPress
Tags: Cinco de Mayo, deep fried, dinner, fish, Summer Food, Super Bowl