The recipe is not difficult but just needs a lot of time to dehydrate in an oven. Once complete they will pay off for a long time and quickly add flavor to any dish. The most important point is to remove the inside of the tomatoes, place on a baking sheet, then leave it in the oven and do something else while waiting. I prefer to not dry the tomatoes out too much so they remain a little moist and softer. The finished tomatoes are easy to store, pack a lot of flavor and are quick to add to a variety of dishes like pasta, meat, fish, pizza, sandwiches and much more. They can be stored for a long time, about 6 months or more in the refrigerator.
Try one of my favorete recipe with dried tomatoes:
Dried Tomatoes in Olive Oil Recipe
By May 2, 2013Published:
- Prep: 30 mins
- Cook: 8 hrs 0 min
- Ready In: 8 hrs 50 mins
The recipe is not difficult but just needs a lot of time to dehydrate in an oven. Once complete they will pay off for a long time and …
- 1.5 kg firm tomatoes for example
- freshly ground black pepper
- sea salt
- dried herbs: basil, rosemary, oregano, thyme, tarragon, sage
- 3 cloves garlic
- olive oil
- Lay parchment paper on a baking sheet. Wash and dry tomatoes, cut them in half, remove the core (you can use the core for other dishes) and place on baking sheet close to each other. On top of tomatoes, add salt and pepper, and drizzle each half with olive oil.
- Place the pan in the oven, preheated to about 180F (82'C) for 5-8 hours.
- Take tomatoes from the oven and let cool. Cut the garlic into thin strips. Pour a little oil at the bottom of the jars where the tomatoes will be stored and add a couple layers of tomatoes, then add different dried herbs, a few strips of garlic, some more oil again and repeat. At the end, add oil to be sure the tomatoes are covered completely. Close the jar with tomatoes with lids and leave it in the refrigerator.
WordPress Recipe Plugin by ReciPress
Tags: dried, herbs, marinated, roast, vegetarian