Now’s the time to get ready to bake delicious fruit pies, cakes, and tortes when berries and other fruits start to come into season. Here is a simple recipe of for a sweet-tart blueberry charlotte. Blueberries can be mixed with the dough, like I did, or put the blueberries in an oiled baking pan and then pour the batter on top. I used blueberries, because this year I have a lot of them, but try any other sweet and sour fruits, you can even mix different types together. Best to use fresh fruit of course!
Blueberry Charlotte Recipe
By June 11, 2014Published:
- Yield: ~12 Servings
- Prep: 15 mins
- Cook: 35 mins
- Ready In: 50 mins
Now's the time to get ready to bake delicious fruit pies, cakes, and tortes when berries and other fruits start to come into season. …
- 1 tbsp butter
- 500 g (1.1lbs) blueberries
- 3 eggs
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup flour
- powdered sugar
- 1 lime or lemon zest, optional
- Clean, wash and dry the blueberries. Beat the eggs with the sugar in a food processor or use a mixer, then gradually add the sifted flour and beat on medium speed.
- In a bowl with the batter add the blueberries, lime/ lemon zest (optional), mix gently with a spoon and pour into a greased baking pan.
- Put the baking pan in a preheated oven at 180'C (360F) for 30-35 minutes.
- Sprinkle the cake with powdered sugar and enjoy!
WordPress Recipe Plugin by ReciPress
Tags: baking, berries, breakfast, cake, dough, Fourth of July, fruit, Kids' Parties, Memorial Day, Mother's Day, New Year, party, picnic, simple recipe, Summer Food, tarts, Valentine's day, vegetarian, Women's Day