Aromatic, original and slightly spicy soup. Before cooking put a little bit salt to eggplant and keep about 15 minutes, then wash off the salt, dry and then fry with mushrooms. The salt will take the bitterness out of eggplant.
Soup with Eggplant and Mushrooms Recipe
By August 25, 2014Published:
- Prep: 15 mins
- Cook: 35 mins
- Ready In: 50 mins
Aromatic, original and slightly spicy soup. Before cooking put a little bit salt to eggplant and keep about 15 minutes, then wash off …
- 1 carrot
- 1 parsley root
- 1 clove of garlic
- bay leaf
- a small bunch green onions white part only
- a handful shiitake mushrooms dried
- 2 small eggplants
- 10 champignons
- 1 red chili pepper
- 2 tbsp sesame seeds
- salt to taste
- 0.5 tsp fish sauce
- 0.5 tsp oyster sauce
- puff pastry for bread sticks
- 150 g cream cheese for bread sticks
- 4 cloves of garlic for bread sticks
- salt for bread sticks
- Rinse the dried mushrooms and add to the pot. Add peeled carrots, parsley root, garlic, bay leaf and onion. Cover with cold water, bring to a boil. Remove foam, reduce heat, and add salt and cook for 15 minutes. Strain the broth.
- Wash the mushrooms and cut into thin slices. Wash the eggplant and slice into in circles. Preheat a skillet with oil and fry the eggplant in it along with the mushrooms for 5 minutes. Place in the strained broth the cooked shiitake, eggplant and mushrooms and cook for another 10 minutes.
- Clean seeds from the chili pepper and cut into small pieces and add to the pot of soup
- While preparing the soup, make sticks from the puffed pastry. Clean the garlic, chop and mix with cream cheese. Roll out the dough into a rectangle about 1 mm thick. On one half of dough place the cream cheese mixture and fold in half. Once again, roll out thinly.
- Cut the dough into narrow strips. and preheat oven to 360F. Put a piece of parchment paper on a baking sheet and lay the strips of dough out. Bake for 15 minutes
- On a dry frying pan, toast the sesame seeds for about 2 minutes. Add to soup and boil an additional 2 minutes. At the end of cooking add a half teaspoon of fish sauce and oyster sauce. Pour soup into bowls and serve with cheese sticks.
WordPress Recipe Plugin by ReciPress
Tags: Autumn Food, Father's Day, lunch, spicy, Summer Food, vegetarian, Winter Food