Almond Tart with Figs
Almond Tart with Figs Recipe
By August 26, 2020Published:
- Yield: 12 Servings
Almond Tart with Figs
- 1 1/4 cups (160g) flour For the dough
- 1/4 tsp salt For the dough
- 2 tbsp (30g) sugar For the dough
- 1/2 tsp almond extract For the dough
- 1/2 cup (113g) unsalted butter cut into small (1/2-inch) cubes, For the dough
- 1 egg yolk For the dough
- 2 tbsp (30ml) ice water For the dough
- 1/2 cup (113g) butter room temp, For the cream
- 115 g sugar For the cream
- 115 g almond meal For the cream
- 1 lemon zest For the cream
- 40 g flour For the cream
- 2 eggs For the cream
- 1 tbsp tarragon leaves chopped, optional, For the cream
- 1 tbsp rum or for more aroma and taste: almond liqueur or 2 drops almond extract, For the cream
- 200-300 g figs For decoration
- 2 tbsp brown sugar For decoration
- 2 tbsp almonds sliced, For decoration
- honey and tarragon leaves For decoration
- In a food processor, add flour with sugar, salt, and diced butter, then beat until crumbs are formed. Add egg yolk, almond extract, and water and beat again until incorporated. Wrap the dough in plastic wrap and refrigerate for 1 hour.
- Roll out the dough and place in a tart pan. Prick the dough with a fork, cover with parchment paper, and then add the beans (I don't have pie weights, so I usually use beans). Set to bake in a preheated 180'C (360F) oven for 15 min. Remove the parchment paper with the beans, and cook for 5 more min. Take the tart from the oven and let cool slightly.
- Beat the softened butter with sugar, add eggs one in a time, and liqueur or almond extract one by one. Gradually add the almond meal and sifted flour, then beat all together until smooth. Pour the cream into the prepared tart base, and bake for 8-10 minutes.
- Cut the figs in half or slice them. Put on the top of the tart with the cream, slightly pushing them in. Return the tart to the oven, and bake for another 5-7 minutes.
- Remove the tart, sprinkle with sliced almonds and brown sugar, then place under the broiler for ~3 min. When the tart is ready, decorate with honey and tarragon leaves.
WordPress Recipe Plugin by ReciPress