This cake has many different names, Monastic hut, Cherry Hill, Cherry Orchard, Honeycomb, rolls with cherries, etc. I think Winter Cherry Cake sounds and describes it better in English.
The cake can be cook from fresh, frozen or canning cherries, importantly, pitted. You can add other berries or fruits to the cherries also. You can also use dried fruits, chocolate, and nuts to the filling. Let the fruit juices soak into the cake by letting it set in a refrigerator for 6-8 hours, but preferably overnight. Decorate the cake before serving with cherries, fruit or berries, chocolate, mint leaves, coconut flakes or other.
Winter Cherry Cake Recipe
By January 10, 2018Published:
- Cook: 3 hrs 0 min
This cake has many different names, Monastic hut, Cherry Hill, Cherry Orchard, Honeycomb, rolls with cherries, etc. I think Winter …
- 250 g butter
- 250 g sour cream
- 2.5 cup of flour
- 0.5 tsp of baking soda
- 1 tbsp of sugar
- 500 g cherries pitted
- 2 tbsp of cherry liquor not necessarily
- 500 g sour cream
- 1 cup of sugar
- cherry with twigs, mint, chocolate chips and etc for decoration
- Knead the dough with melted butter, sour cream, flour, baking soda and sugar, then refrigerate it. Pour the liqueur on the cherries and soak for 30 min, then drain the liquor.
- Divide the dough into 15 parts, roll each piece into a thin layer, add some cherries and roll into tubes. Make 15 rolls, bake for 15 minutes at 200'C (390F). Let cool.
- Whip the cream with sugar and vanilla.
- Assemble the cake: 1st layer - 5 rolls, 2nd layer - 4 rolls, the third layer - 3 rolls, 4th layer - 2 rolls, 5th layer - one roll. Decorate the cake with the cream, cherries and mint
WordPress Recipe Plugin by ReciPress
Tags: baking, berries, breakfast, cake, Christmas, dough, Easter, Mother's Day, New Year, party, Spring Food, Thanksgiving, Valentine's day, vegetarian, Winter Food, Women's Day