So proud of my kids, when they help me to cook and you can tell they know what they are doing. Pork and veggie bibimbap with mushrooms, carrots and jasmine rice 🍚 🥕
We got the recipe from ” Hello Fresh”
Pork and veggie bibimbap Recipe
By March 9, 2020Published:
- Yield: 4 Servings
- Prep: 10 mins
- Cook: 20 mins
- Ready In: 30 mins
So proud of my kids, when they help me to cook and you can tell they know what they are doing. Pork and veggie bibimbap with …
- 1 1/2 cups jasmine rice
- 4 scallions
- 12 oz carrots
- 8 oz button mushrooms
- 2 thumbs ginger
- 4 cloves of garlic
- 10 tsp white wine vinegar
- 2 tbsp sesame oil
- 4 tbsp soy sauce
- 4 tsp sriracha
- 20 oz ground pork
- In a small pot, combine rice, 1¼ cups water (2¼ cups for 4 servings), and a big pinch of salt. Bring to a boil, then cover and reduce to a low simmer. Cook until rice is tender, 15-18 minutes. Keep covered off heat until ready to serve.
- Meanwhile, wash and dry all produce. Trim and thinly slice scallions, separating whites from greens. Trim and peel carrots. Using a peeler, shave carrots lengthwise into ribbons, rotating as you go. Trim and thinly slice mushrooms. Peel and mince ginger. Mince garlic.
- In a small bowl, combine scallion whites, vinegar, and a pinch of salt. Set aside to marinate, stirring occasionally, until ready to serve. In a separate small bowl, combine sesame oil, half the soy sauce (you’ll use the rest later), 1 TBSP sugar (2 TBSP for 4 servings), and up to half the sriracha to taste. Stir until sugar has dissolved.
- Heat a drizzle of oil in a large, preferably nonstick, pan over mediumhigh heat. Add carrot ribbons; season with salt and pepper. Cook, stirring, until slightly softened, 3-4 minutes. Remove from pan and set aside. Add mushrooms and another drizzle of oil to pan. Cook, stirring, until tender, 3-5 minutes. Season with salt and pepper. Remove from pan and set aside with carrots.
- Heat another drizzle of oil in same pan over medium-high heat. Add pork, ginger, and garlic. Cook, breaking up meat into pieces, until pork is browned and cooked through, 4-6 minutes. Add remaining soy sauce and cook, stirring, until liquid has mostly evaporated, 1-2 minutes. Season with salt and pepper.
- Fluff rice with a fork and season with salt and pepper; divide between bowls. Arrange pork and veggies on top. Top with pickled scallion whites (and pickling liquid). Drizzle with sauce and remaining sriracha to taste. Sprinkle with scallion greens and serve.
- Skill Level: Easy
WordPress Recipe Plugin by ReciPress