This dish is similar to the recipe Three Cup Chicken, a classic Taiwanese dish. Usually this recipe the chicken is prepared in a clay pot, if you do not have a clay pot, you can prepare in a wok or in a frying pan. Thai basil gives this dish a nice touch and pleasant aroma. You can use a half chicken, chicken wings or thighs. Or substitute the chicken with squid. Serve with rice.
Taiwanese Chicken in a Clay Pot Recipe
By March 10, 2014Published:
- Yield: 2 Servings
- Prep: 10 mins
- Cook: 15 mins
- Ready In: 25 mins
This dish is similar to the recipe Three Cup Chicken, a classic Taiwanese dish. Usually this recipe the chicken is prepared in a clay …
- 3 (330g) chicken drumsticks
- 1 tbsp sesame oil
- 1 tbsp soy sauce
- 1 tbsp sherry
- 30 ml (~6tsp) water
- 7 cloves of garlic
- 5 strips ginger
- 2 stalks green onions white part
- 0.5 tsp sugar
- 1 chili pepper without seeds
- thai basil leaves
- Chop the drumsticks into 2 parts. Peel the garlic, cut the ginger into strips, cut the white part of onions into 2-3 pieces, and finely chop the chili.
- Heat the sesame oil in a clay pot or wok and fry the chicken until golden brown about 2-3 minutes, then add the garlic, ginger, onion, chili pepper, cook for about 30-60 seconds, stirring all the time. Next, pour the sherry, soy sauce, water and sugar, stir, cover, reduce the heat slightly and simmer for about 6-10 minutes.
- Coarsely chop the basil leaves and add to the chicken. Stir, and increase the heat.
WordPress Recipe Plugin by ReciPress
Tags: Autumn Food, clay pot, dinner, fried, herbs, simple recipe, Winter Food, wok