I love summer rolls! They are light, so tasty and healthy. I never thought that they are easy to prepare. Before you cook the rolls, prepare all the ingredients you need, then just put a bit of everything in the roll, shrimp first, wrap tight and voila!
Summer rolls are versatile since they can be prepared with different fillings, sea food, meat, chicken or just vegetables. Likewise they can be prepared ahead of time.
Summer rolls can be confused with spring rolls but the main difference is that summer rolls aren’t fried.
There are some classic ingredients when people think of summer rolls and that is what I used. Classic summer rolls also use fresh herbs and other vegetables that don’t fry as well.
Perfect appetizer for a party, a picnic, or a lunch and light dinner. Serve with dipping sauce, such as sweet and spicy Thai sauce or peanut sauce.
Summer Rolls with Shrimp Recipe
By March 14, 2018Published:
- Yield: 6
- Prep: 10 mins
- Cook: 15 mins
- Ready In: 25 mins
I love summer rolls! They are light, so tasty and healthy. I never thought that they are easy to prepare. Before you cook the rolls, …
- 35 g, (1 1/4 oz) rice vermicelli
- 18 pieces shrimp cooked, peeled
- 1 leaf lettuce cut
- 1 carrot
- 1 small cucumber seedless
- half of avocado
- mint, basil, cilantro fresh leaves
- 1 tbsp rice vinegar
- 6 spring roll wrappers round shape
- Prepare all the ingredients for the rolls.
- Pour boiling water over noodles and leave for 10 minutes, then drain and sprinkle with rice vinegar. Cut the shrimp lengthwise in half. Grate the cucumber into long strips, as well as the carrot and avocado, they should be no more than 7.5 cm, (3 inches).
- Pour hot water into a round baking pan that's bigger than the wrappers and soak each wrapper individually (not all at once!) for 20-30 seconds, then gently take it and put it on the wet countertop or wide plate.
- On each roll you can use 3 whole shrimp but divide the ingredients equally for about 6 rolls. Put 3 shrimp halves on top and 3 halves on bottom, leaving at least 2.5 cm on the sides (1 inch). On top of the shrimp add noodles, sliced carrots, cucumber, avocado, lettuce, mint leaves, basil and cilantro. Wrap the roll tight but gently. Repeat with the other wrappers.
- With a wet knife, cut the rolls in half and serve with dipping sauces.
WordPress Recipe Plugin by ReciPress
Tags: appetizer, Autumn Food, Gỏi cuốn, herbs, lunch, Nem cuốn, party, picnic, simple recipe, snacks, Spring Food, Summer Food, Super Bowl, Valentine's day, vegetarian, Winter Food, Women's Day