Strudel is an Austrian dish of rolled puffed pastry, usually with a sweet filling. This is a popular dish in countries like Bosnia, Hungary, the Czech Republic, Slovakia, Poland, Romania, and Slovenia. Strudel dough should be very thin, you can cook the dough yourself or buy ready-made. You will get two strudel rolls from one package of puff pastry. Instead of puff pastry you can use filo pastry too. Popular filling for strudel are apples, strawberries, cherries , raisins, cranberries, cottage cheese (with vanilla or cinnamon) and poppy seeds. Serve the strudel with whipped cream or ice cream and chocolate syrup. Like many other dishes, you can experiment with the filling of your choice. Strudel with pumpkin turned out rich, crispy, and so tasty! If you cook strudel for the kids, soak raisins and cranberries in fruit juice or strong tea.
Strudel with Pumpkin, Raisins, Nuts and Cranberries Recipe
By November 24, 2014Published:
- Yield: 2pc
- Prep: 60 mins
- Cook: 45 mins
- Ready In: 1 hr 45 mins
Strudel is an Austrian dish of rolled puffed pastry, usually with a sweet filling. This is a popular dish in countries like Bosnia, …
- 450 g puff pastry
- 300-350 g pumpkin cleaned baked
- 1/3 cup raisins
- 1/3 cup cranberries
- 1/3 cup rum
- 1/4 cup almonds chopped
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 0.5 tsp cinnamon or to taste
- 1 egg for greasing or vegetable (olive) oil
- 1 tbsp sugar for dusting
- 0.5 tsp cinnamon for dusting
- Soak the raisins and cranberries in the rum. Cut the pumpkin into medium pieces and bake in the oven at 190'C (375F) for about 45 minutes, cool and clean the skin. Cut the pumpkin into medium cubes.
- Mix 1 tablespoon of sugar with 0.5 tsp of cinnamon.
- Roll the dough out thinly. Lay some pumpkin in the middle, then top with the soaked rum raisins and cranberries, sprinkle with brown sugar, then sprinkle with chopped almonds and cinnamon. At first cover with the bottom half of the dough, you can sprinkle the top with sugar and cinnamon, then cover with the other top half, and finally tuck in the sides. Finally, brush the strudel with oil or egg and sprinkle the top with mixed sugar and cinnamon. Put the strudel on a greased baking sheet.
- Heat the oven to 180'C (360F) and cook for about 45 min.
WordPress Recipe Plugin by ReciPress
Tags: Autumn Food, baking, berries, breakfast, Christmas, dough, Easter, Mother's Day, nuts, party, Thanksgiving, Valentine's day, vegetarian, Winter Food, Women's Day