Steaks can be cooked on the grill or just pan fried. The main thing is not overcook anything or the meat will be dry and the mushrooms will be mushy. The honey can be replaced by sugar. It’s not necessary to wrap the mushroom in strip steak, you can just lay strips of steak on a plate, top with mushrooms, pour over sauce and sprinkle with sesame seeds.
Steak with Enoki Mushrooms Recipe
By March 19, 2014Published:
- Yield: 2-4 Servings
- Prep: 15 mins
- Cook: 10 mins
- Ready In: 1 hr 20 mins
Steaks can be cooked on the grill or just pan fried. The main thing is not overcook anything or the meat will be dry and the …
- 2 medium beef fillets
- 200 g (0.4lb) enoki mushrooms
- 40 ml (3tbsp) soy sauce
- 1 tbsp Mirin
- 0.5 tbsp sherry
- 1 clove of garlic
- 1 tsp ginger
- a few drops of sesame oil
- vegetable oil
- 1 tsp butter
- 0.5 tsp honey
- sesame seeds
- To prepare the marinade for steaks, mix the soy sauce, mirin, sherry, finely chopped garlic and ginger and sesame oil. Pour the marinade over the steaks and leave to marinate for 30-45 minutes.
- Oil a well heated grill, then cook steaks for about 4 minutes on each side. Put the steaks on a plate and leave them for 5-10 minutes. After that, cut each steak into thin strips.
- Drain the marinade into a small saucepan, add honey, and cook for a couple of minutes.
- Cut the bottom ends from Enoki mushrooms. Preheat the butter in a frying pan and fry the mushrooms over medium heat for about 1 minute.
- Roll each strip steak of the mushrooms, secure with a toothpick, pour sauce on top, and sprinkle with sesame seeds.
WordPress Recipe Plugin by ReciPress
Tags: appetizer, Autumn Food, dinner, grill, sauce, Spring Food, Summer Food, Super Bowl, tapas, Valentine's day, Winter Food