Tender, juicy chicken with rich spicy flavor, really delicious and easy to make. Instead of chicken thighs you can use chicken breasts. If you can, cook this chicken on the grill, the meat will be even more flavorful or also try in a crock pot (especially if cooking chicken breasts) tender meat is guaranteed! Goes great with a mixed salad, rice, black beans, fried plantain and some citrus drink, such as a mojito. Great recipe with lots of flavor!
Spicy Cuban Roasted Chicken Recipe
By April 30, 2013Published:
- Yield: 3 Servings
- Prep: 10 mins
- Cook: 30 mins
- Ready In: 3 hrs 40 mins
Tender, juicy chicken with rich spicy flavor, really delicious and easy to make. Instead of chicken thighs you can use chicken …
- 3 chicken legs (separate drumsticks and thighs)
- 4 cloves of garlic
- salt to taste
- 3 chipotle peppers in adobe sauce
- 0.5 tsp smoked paprika
- 0.5 tsp ground cumin
- 0.5 tsp 'allspice'
- ground cayenne pepper to taste
- 2 tbsp lime juice
- 2 tbsp chopped cilantro
- 2-3 tbsp olive oil
- Add the garlic, salt, pepper, chipotle, paprika, cumin, "all spice", cayenne pepper, coriander, orange and lime juices in a blender and make a paste. Add the hot olive oil and beat up again. Coat the chicken on all sides and leave to marinate for 2-3 hours.
- Fry the chicken on both sides until golden-brown, then place in preheated oven to 200' C (390F) for 20 minutes.
- Put the chicken legs on a plate, sprinkle lime juice and cilantro leaves on top and serve.
WordPress Recipe Plugin by ReciPress
Tags: dinner, Father's Day, fried, grill, roast, spicy, Summer Food